Randle sister ||mother comes back||

Some of you may recognize some parts of this from a certain show.

Y/n's POV
You were on the couch in the living room, reading a book, Steve was over at the Curtis's at the moment, and your alcoholic dad was probably at the bar downtown getting drunk.

You had told Steve you didn't want to come with because you wanted to finish this chapter in your book, but said you'd be over as soon as you finished. Like your best friend Pony, you took a liking into reading.

You smiled as you shut your book, just finishing the chapter you wanted to. You set your book down on the coffee table as you stood up, heading for the front door. Just before, you slipped your converses on and since it was summer, you didn't need a jacket.

You opened the front door, still holding your smile as you stepped outside. Suddenly, your smile faded and your face went blank when you saw your mother standing there. Your mother that had left you and Steve when you were little, the mother who abandoned her kids, the mother who chose drugs over her own kids. She had came by a few years ago and only stayed for a few days, she never did stay forever. Only when she needed money she'd come by.

"Y/n.." your mother said as she covered her mouth with her hands in awe. You didn't say anything..you didn't exactly know what to say. Suddenly anger filled your blood for her.

"I was just coming to see you and Steve....oh, you've gotten so big" she said as she opened her arms, expecting a hug. You couldn't believe she thought she deserved a hug after everything. You stomped past her, not before giving her a shove.

————
You stomped all the way to the Curtis's. They were like family to you and Steve.

You walked through the front door of the Curtis's, as you saw everyone there. They were watching some dumb gun show movie as you entered. They all looked over to you with a smile. "Hey, Y/n finish your chapter?" Steve chuckled. You stood there as you fidgeted with your fingers and had a blank expression on your face as your eyes stared straight. Everyone had a look of confusion now.

"Y/n?...What's wrong?.." Soda asked concerned. Steve now stared at you with concern. You just stood there as you looked around, still not knowing what to say.

"What, Y/n?..dad have one to many again?....ya just gotta ignore him when he's like that" Steve said.

You suddenly spoke "why do you always blame dad first?" You ask. Steve scrunched his eyebrows together "well, who else is there?" He asked.

"She's over at the house.." you said quietly but loud enough for them to hear you. Everyone looked around at each other.

"Who?.." Twobit asked.

"Lori"  you said plainly. Steve and you didn't really call your mother 'mom' because honestly, she doesn't act like one. Everyone went quiet. The only person who didn't know who your were talking about was Dal because he moved to Tulsa just after your last visit from your mom. You and Steve never mentioned her.

"Who's Lori?.." Dal asked, as you thought he would. "Our mother" Steve said as he stared at the floor with a blank expression, same as yours.

Suddenly, Steve got up and walked over you. "What happened?.." he asked. "She wanted to see us" you said as you wiped a tear. Steve pulled you in a hug.

"She's only back for one reason, money" he said as he hugged you. You nodded slightly. "She expected a hug from me" you said as you shook your head in disbelief, so did Steve afterwards.

——————-
Steve and you ended up walking back home eventually, hoping your mother wouldn't still be around. Truth is, you guys were better off without her. Steve had his arm around you the whole time, comforting you incase she was still there.

You guys walked up to the house and saw she was waiting on the steps. She stood immediately when she saw you guys.

"Oh Steve...you've gotten so grown up, both of you" she said as she held tears in her eyes. You weren't falling for this tho.

"Ya that happens" you said. She looked to you and wiped her tears that had fallen. "I'm so sorry" she said.

"It was nice seeing you, mom...but I think you should leave..before dad comes back" Steve said as he looked to the ground, avoiding eye contact.

More tears fell from her eyes. "I-I understand. I just want you guys to I know, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't here for my babies" she said as she picked up her bag and left.

You looked to Steve, who was looking down, and saw he was silently crying. You hugged your big brother. "We're better without her, Steve" you'd said. He wiped his tears quickly and patted your back.

"Your right...let's go inside now" he said as he and you started walking inside.