Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Caramel Latte with Cream

Cas (POV)

It's okay, relax. She said so herself that she wasn't going to try anything. Dean has football practice today so he won't even know about it. Sure you went out with this girl for the most part of high school but that doesn't matter, she means nothing to you now.

I was lying to myself; she still meant a little something to me. Not in a romantic or emotional way but she was still sort of important to me, she was a big part of my life for quite a long time and I can't just throw my feelings away just like that. I hadn't seen Ruby in nearly a year now and before i had gotten with Dean i thought about her a lot, but since i had started dating him, i didn't actually think about her at all.

Why was I so nervous? All she wanted to do was apologise. I looked up at the clock above the teachers board and saw that I had exactly 6 minutes and 3 sec- 2 seconds no wait, okay, now it was exactly 6 minutes. And now it was 5 minutes and 59 seconds. Oh my god, I was actually going crazy here. I tapped my pen in time with the seconds ticking by and looked over and Dean who looked as though he had fallen asleep in the middle of the lesson.

"Okay class, we have five minutes left so you can start packing up now." The teacher said and I looked at the clock. In fact we actually had 5 minutes and 12 secon- 11, 10 ... Stop it Castiel! All you're doing is make time seem longer and that's helping nobody.

"Wow, this lesson has gone really quick!" Charlie said beside me and I roll my eyes. Yeah, for you! This was my worst nightmare, it actually seemed like time was standing still, I was hot under the collar and my mouth was dry. Well it's a good job you're going out for drinks. Oh my god I'm the worst boyfriend in the history of the entire world, scratch that, the entire universe!

"Okay, times up you can leave." People started rushing out of their seats as did I before walking over to Dean who yawned and stood up slowly, grabbing his book bag as he got up. He turned to me and smiled; oh god, the guilt.

"You walking me to the changing rooms?" He ask and I nod my head without saying a word before we start to walk. I catch him giving me funny glances as we carry on walking and I can't help but worry that he may know. "You alright, dolly? You've been acting strange all day."

"Oh I'm fine, never been better." I say quickly, giving him my best smile by he just hums back and nods his head slowly before carrying on walking.

"So what are you doing after school? Wanna watch practice?" He asks but I shake my head.

"I can't, I have- er, homework." I tell him and mentally slap myself as he stops walking and looked at me amused.

"You? Homework!? Now there is something you don't hear everyday." He snorts and I huff and roll my eyes.

"I want to actually get grades this year." I tell him moodily and he wraps an arm around my waist as we begin walking again and smiles.

"Touché my pet, I was kinda hoping we do something after practice..."

"We still can." I tell him quickly and he smiles even broadly.

"Great! Cause I have something to show you and it has to be sunset when we get there."

"Oh, what are you treating me to?" I joke and wink at him and he taps his nose gently.

"It's a surprise." He tells me as e arrive at the door of the changing rooms. He kisses me on the cheek and I hear a camera click as he does so. We both turn around to see Lisa and Jo grinning like mad men in the cheerleading outfits and Dean rolls his eyes and kisses me again, this time straight on the lips.

"This is going in the year book!" Jo says and we both jump away from each other and yelp like dogs.

"You can't put that in the yearbook!" Dean exclaims and Lisa winks.