Chapter Fifty-Two - Pink-Lipped Man

*WARNING! Actual drug taking in this chapter*

Dean (POV)

"I don't understand, what did I do wrong?" I ask her, sitting down and putting my head in my hands. She sighs and sits next to me, grabbing one of my hands and holding it in hers.

"You did nothing wrong Dean, it's just that I'm following my intuition." She says, rubbing circles in my hands. "I've had fun with you and i've liked you for so long. I had this image in my head of what it was going to be like to be in a relationship with you and it turned out it was something completely different."

"So you're ending it, just like that?" I ask, looking at her sadly and she nods her head.

"Just like that."

"But why?" I ask, sighing and shaking my head. "I can change; I will change if you tell me what I have to do!"

"The thing I want you to do is out of your control, Dean." She whispers and I give her a look of confusion.

"I don't understand."

"I want you to stop loving him, Dean. But I know that's impossible."

"But, I've done that!" I exclaim, looking at her in annoyance. "I did the steps-"

"The steps worked for a while Dean but ever since Michael's wedding day a few months ago and you talked to him everything is different. You go off in your own little world sometimes and your eyes glaze over and sometimes you even smile. You smile like I've never made you smile before and I can't live and love you while knowing that there is always going to be someone else out there for you. Someone who is perfect for you and who can make you smile like that. Castiel did a horrible thing to you, and awful awful thing but he's the one that has to live with that guilt every single day, knowing that it was his fault that he lost the only good, happy and loving thing in his whole life because of his own brutal mistakes."

"Jo-" I begin but she cuts me off by standing up and shaking her head.

"Good bye, Dean. I wish you the very best of luck. I'm so sorry that things didn't work out between us the way we both hoped it would." She sighs and with that she was gone. Walking out the door and out of my life forever, just like everybody else on this damn earth apart from my biological family does.

I felt like utter crap. There went another person who I was falling in love with. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I choose them right? This was Castiel's fault.

Ergh, look at me blaming all of my misfortunes on him. Why did I do that? He made mistakes in our relationship but it wasn't his fault that ever since then my life had been one shitstorm after another.

Cas (POV)

I had absolutely no idea where I was. Well, I knew I was in a bar but I didn't know what town, city or even state I was in. I stumbled into the bathroom and rubbed my face, looking in the mirror but everything was a blur. I couldn't even look at my face properly without thinking it was someone else in front of me.

I got something that was wrapped in tin foil out of my pocket and put it on the counter, lining it up with my credit card. I didn't even care if anyone was coming in or out of the bathroom at that moment, all I could see was the white powder that lay in front of me. I pinched one side of my nose and bent down, sniffing up the line and tipping my head back quickly as soon as it was up.