Chapter Forty-Seven - Furniture Shopping

Cas (POV)

I needed to make it right again. I wouldn't just let him leave like that, i'm not going to give up. As Dean walked away, down the stairs and went towards his car and jumped out of bed, pulled on a dressing gown and grabbed the drugs that were stuffed in the bottom of my bag. Then i go towards the balcony and lean over the side where i can see Dean opening his car door.

"DEAN!" I scream at the top of my voice and he jumps and looks around, wondering where the hell my voice was coming from. "UP HERE YOU IDIOT!"

He looks up, along all the balconies and finally sees me waving to him. I can see him gritting his teeth and crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance but he steps closer to the building so he can hear me a little bit better.

"YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE. YOU'RE WORTH MORE THAN MY WHOLE EXISTENCE PUT TOGETHER. I'M SORRY." With that, i drop the bag of drugs so they land in front of him and he looks at them before looking back up at me.

"I'M GOING TO STILL BE HERE WHEN YOU GET BACK FROM GETTING THE REST OF YOUR THINGS!"

"SHUT UP!" I hear another voice from another balcony and i look around.

"EXCUSE ME BITCH, WE ARE HAVING A HEART FELT MOMENT HERE." I scream back.

"AND I'M TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!"

"IT'S 5 IN THE AFTERNOON YOU LAZY FUCKING SALAD SLUG!" With that i look back down at Dean who was smiling up at me and shaking his head. He nods once, picks up the bag and throws it in the bin that it outside of the apartment building. As i watch him my hands clam up slightly but i try not to think about it, i just back away from the balcony after watching Dean get in the car and back inside where i sit back down on the bed.

It wasn't going to be that hard. I had only been on them for a year or so, not big deal. I would just quit. Quit cold turkey and then me and Dean would be happy and everything would be fine.

I didn't even notice myself running down the stairs of the apartment and rummaging through the bin in which Dean had thrown out the drugs. What had my life come too. As soon as my hand was on the bag, i felt a pang of guilt and looked around in shame before walking back upstairs with the bag in my hand.

I was a terrible human being. I was sick, i was fucked up. Why couldn't i quit? Was i really going to risk mine and Dean's relationship just because i couldn't give up a substance that only made me feel good for a small proportion of time? A substance that i wasted so much of my money on? Apparently i was.

I stuff the bag back inside my rucksack, in the deepest darkest pocket and kick it away from me. I still felt a bit woozy from the drug i had taken earlier but it was definitely wearing off now. I was on a come down and i felt like absolute shit. If Dean had stayed or had just come back upstairs, i wouldn't have been able to go down and get the drugs and i also would have been able to take my mind of the come down off my high.

*****

"You're back!" I say breathlessly, running into the living room where i saw Dean shutting the front door behind him. He turns around to look at me and nods.

"Yeah... i'm back. Are you okay?" He asks and i nod my head but he looks at me carefully, walking over to me slowly.

"You're really pale, and you're sweating like there's no tomorrow." He tells me and i wipe my forehead and shrug.

"I'm fine, Dean. Can we please go out and do something? Please?" I plea and he shrugs and nods his head, putting the stuff that he got from his apartment on the floor beside the door.

"Okay sure, what do you want to do?" Dean says slowly, watching me as i fidget with my hands and lick my dry lips.

"I have an idea." I say, grinning up at him and he lifts an amused eyebrow. "Lets go to a furniture store."