Chapter Forty-Nine - Blue Eyed Best Friend

Newspaper article:

Demons on the shoulders of the angels?

Castiel Novak, main singer of the popular rock band; The Seraphims, goes rouge today as he was seen fighting with main guitarist and older brother Lucifer Novak outside a famous nightclub. There was talk of drug and alcohol abuse as Castiel gets pulled off his older brother and taken away by Michigan police officers.

Fans of the rock band, who are calling themselves "The Angels" are saying that they will stick by the band and pray for Castiel to get better. Is this the end of the The Seraphims as we know it? Will the two brothers ever make up and carrying on performing? We all hope so.

Dean (POV) *two days previous*

I woke up in bed, my arms wrapped around Lucifers figure. I roll over and face the ceiling, tears prickling in my eyes.

I rolled out of bed and sat on the edge of it, rubbing my eyes slightly before getting up and putting a dressing gown around my body. It was then that my phone started ringing in the front room so I exit the bedroom and go to pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask down the phone but all I heard was breathing. "Hello is anybody there?"

There was no answer. At one point I thought I heard a quiet sob but that was it. I shrug and put the phone down, walk to the kitchen and start making a coffee.

"Morning." A voice came from the doorway as I started stirring the coffees I look up and see lucifer standing in the doorway fully dressed.

"Hey. Want a coffee?" I ask but he shakes his head an sits on the counter as I sip on mine. "Listen, about last night-"

"I know Dean." He cuts me off. "I know it was only a rebound and we are just friends."

I nodded slowly and smiled at him tiredly.

"What are you going to tell him?"

"Who, Cas?" He asks and I nod. "I dunno. The truth I suppose."

"I don't want to be the reason why you two fall out, Luce. Tell him I was the one that insinuated it all."

"You were the one that insinuated it all, Dean." He laughs and I smile back slightly and shrug.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, we both know it was only a one time thing. So what are you going to do with yourself now?" He asks out of interest and I shrug again.

"I can't live here. I'll have to sell it. With the money I get for it I might buy a pub and start my own business." I say and he raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"Good idea. You'll realise you'll have I get the lease from Cas though, right?" He asks and I sigh and nod my head.

"I know, I'll work myself up to that. Right now I'm just going to go to work, come back from work, have a long shower and sleep."

"Is that just today's plan or...?"

"I think that will be the plan for the rest of my life." I laugh and he chuckles before hopping off the counter and stepping towards me to hug me.

"I should go. You sure you don't want to give Cas a second chance?" He asks but I shake my head.

"This is the second time he's cheated on me, lucifer. Probably more that I haven't even known about. He's had his second chance and he failed it." I say seriously and lucifer nods sadly and pats my shoulder.

"Stay safe, Dean."

"You too." With that he walks out of the flat, giving me a small wave before he leaves. I sigh and rub my face, groaning slightly. I didn't regret it, but I was going to regret whatever followed...