Chapter one - Bee

Cas (POV)

Aged 11

"I am so excited for middle school! We are climbing up in the world Dean!" I say loudly and he laughs and shakes his head.

"You nerd!" I fake-gasp and give him a playful shove. We were walking in the woods on a Saturday afternoon, looking for a bees nest. "Explain to me again why we need to look for bees..."

"I told you Dean," I sigh loudly. "We need to find out how they pollinate for a science project!"

"There!" He shouts excitedly and we both stop dead in our tracks to watch bee'a go into a beehive. "Looks weird."

"Stop moaning Dean, let's get closer." We walk a little closer and I smile brightly and the bee's buzzing around the next and going in and out of it.

"Hey, this little fella looks like you." Dean says, pointing at a small black and yellow furry on that was buzzing around his head.

"Dean, I look nothing like a bee."

"Sure you do... Bee." He winks at me and I roll my eyes, scoffing slightly at his silliness. Why was I best friends with this weirdo.

13 years old

"Leave me alone." I tell him as he tries to tell me that my first girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend ever didn't deserve me and that she was a stinky girl who was a meanie-pants.

"Bee, c'mon. She's not worth your tears. One day you will look back on this day and realise how silly it all is." Dean reassured but I still refused to open my bedroom door to him.

"No."

"Bee..."

"Stop calling me that."

"I'm going to wait out here until you come out." He calls through the door and I hear him sliding down it to sit against it. I open it suddenly and he goes falling backwards, looking up at me. I accidentally let out a laugh at how silly he is and he grins at me. "There is that smile that I love!"

"Shut up." I say, smiling fully now before helping him up and hugging him. "You're right, she is a meanie-pants."

14 years old

"But moooooom! Dean is going to that high school! Why do I have to go to the one on the other side of town!" I whine loudly and she sighs and shakes her head.

"I'm sorry bee, but I've had so many problems with that school with Michael, Zandriel and Lucifer.."

"Okay firstly, just because Dean calls me that doesn't mean you can and secondly, maybe the reason why you had so many problems with them isn't because of the school but because they're little shits." She raps me across the head and sends me to my room for using bad language but she still doesn't change her mind about the school. I let out a few tears and decide to text Dean about not going to the same school as him.

Dean: don't worry about it Bee, we will see each other every day after school and hang out on week ends!

Me: but what if you get other friends and like them more than me.

Dean: that will never happen Cas.

Me: promise?

Dean: pinky promise with a cherry on top.

Dean (POV)

I was so sad that Cas wasn't going to the same high school as me but I had made him a promise that we would still hang out every day after school and all day at the weekends. It was strange walking out of my house on the first day of high school and not going to the Novaks household to walk with Castiel as his school started a little bit earlier than mine. I trudged to school lazily, dragging my feet along moodily behind me. Freshman year, this was going to be either really fun or shockingly awful. Probably both.