The Fallen Solider...

-(2 Days Later)-

( (Y/N)'s POV )

"(Y/N) do you really have to go on another stupid mission?" Aerith asked, as I unwrapped the bandages on my arm.

"Yes I have to, I can't just ignore Teseng all the time Aerith. Besides he said it's an easy mission so I should be fine."

"Oh yea, I've been meaning to ask you about where my yellow flowers went. I noticed that some of them went missing..."

"Ah, I gave them to someone. They asked for flowers, and I know you don't mind giving those away....you don't mind right?"

"Well I don't but you could've told me." she replied, as she pouted her lips.

"Fine, I'll tell you next time if it ever happens." I grabbed a piece of toast from the kitchen table and started making my way out of the house. All that was on my mind for the past 2 days was when Marlene and Tifa came to Aerith's house..

Her smile...so warm...and beautiful...

"Make sure you come back before dinner!" Aerith yelled.

"Yes yes, I'll be back." I said, as I closed the door.

-(Time Skip)-

"There you are (Y/N)." Teseng said, as I walked in.

"Hello, what mission did we have to do?"

"About that, that's been cancelled. Instead I need to give you info on a fight that happened a while ago."

"A fight? But if it was a while ago why do I have to know about it?"

"Considering that you're new you don't necessarily know too much about Shinra's past. Almost all of our employees know this battle very well, so I think it would only be right if we all knew." he handed me pictures of what seemed to be a town.

As I examined some there were pictures of people smiling, children in school, and farmers tending to their fields.

"Nibelheim, a town that's not too far from outside of Midgard. They've honestly been peaceful with us although they have been disagreeing with us on many decisions such as them moving into Midgard instead of staying in their town. But other than that they haven't committed any terrible acts or tried to start a war with us."

"So...what does this town have to do with anything?"

"Well....look at this first." he handed me a folder of what seemed to be a resume.

"He was someone who worked with us that had left the team one day without a trace. Cloud Strife, male, and said to have been 21."

I couldn't help but get irritated, "So let me guess, because of this Shinra went to this town to find him?" I asked, but Teseng didn't nod or say anything.

"Close, but not quite there. Apparently he left the force to be with a woman whom he cared about, who lived in that town. Her name was Tifa Lockhart."

Tifa?! As in the girl I just met 2 days ago Tifa?! Then I remembered what Marlene had told me about Tifa...and how she lost her hometown and lover to turks..

"However, when the Turks made it to the town to try and negotiate for the 5th time, they have decided to go against our wishes and attack the village this time. Every one of our troops have died, as well as the townspeople and Cloud. It was a terrible battle and has been kept in these walls for these past years."

"S-So...no one in Midgard knows about this?"

"No, if they were to find out we would be doomed of course."

Now I suddenly felt a wave a rage swoop over me, keeping something terrible hidden...just so that they could keep their history clean with no accidents.

Disgusting..

"Well that's all basically, no survivors from that day had been found. So the entire town and our team of turks that went were dead."

No survivors? So they must not know that Tifa is actually alive...living in Midgard..

"Now then, I guess we can patrol today since the mission was canceled. Go and call Reno and Rude, and report back here."

"Yes sir." I bowed, as I made my way towards the exit.

I mean I knew Shinra was evil...but this was just plain evil. I imagined how much pain Tifa must've felt...and how many tears she cried at the scenery of people she loved and cared for...all gone..

I clutched my hand as I walked down the hall wondering how in the world...that someone who has been through all that pain..

Can smile so beautifully...with no hint of pain at all...

(END OF CHAPTER)

(Thanks for reading y'all, I can't believe this book got 1k and 40 votes! Noice noice. I hope y'all will read the next chap!! Have a good rest of your day/evening! Bye Bye!)