What She's Become...

-(5 Years Later)-

(Tifa's POV)

"Jessie watch out!" 

"Don't worry, I got this!" she cried, as she shot the monster as it flew straight at her. I took a huge breath of relief as Jessie fell down safely to the ground. "Whew, man that was a choke load of monsters!" she cried, as she wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Let's go tell Marty what we got." I said, as Jessie reloaded her gun. I sighed as I looked up at the steel plate sky above us. Living in Midgard was nothing close to living a dream, there's a bunch of things that go on here that I hate to even think and remember. Especially the company that owns this place...Shinra..

"Hey Marty, we killed at least 20 of them." Jessie said, as she handed him some monster parts that the monster ended up dropping.

"Nice, thank you guys again." Marty grinned.

"No prob, call us anytime." we waved at him before walking away. As we passed a bunch of people waved at us calling out good mornings and hellos. 

"Tifa! Jessie!" I looked up to see Marlene running towards us.

"Hey Marlene!" I said, as I hugged her.

"Dad wanted to talk about the next mission with you guys." she said, as she grabbed me and Jessie's hand and started pulling us towards Seventh Heaven. Seventh Heaven was a bar that I worked at for the past 5 years ever since coming here to Midgard. Everyone here always treated me with respect when I came here...so I try to do my best and do what I can to help them with anything I can.

"Hey you two!" Barret yelled, as we entered. 

"Jeez Barret tone it down a little-," 

"Ah shut up Biggs."

"You shut up."

"No you!"

"What about you BOTH shut up." Jessie growled, as she wacked the both of them on the back of the head. "So what big plan did you wanna talk about?" I asked, as Barret and Biggs rubbed the back of their heads.

"Well, I wanted to talk about how we were all gonna go on that mission to get Jessie's supplies. Apparently a buddy of mine found someone who needs our help, so I was wondering if Tifa could go and do that instead of coming with us."

"That's fine, what did they need?"

"Well they said it was gonna be an easy task, so that means since you're gonna be over there Wedge will be coming with us." Wedge sighed, "Yep...decide without my permission." he said, earning a glare from Jessie.

"Wait, so does that mean I'm gonna be by myself again?" Marlene asked, looking at Barret with a sad expression.

"Well no, since it's supposed to be an easy task I'll allow you to go with Tifa to Sector 5." Marlene's expression immediately brightened as she looked up at me. "Welp does everyone understand what's going on?" he asked, looking around at all of us.

"Yups!" 

"Good, welp I'm gonna get something to chow on." he said, walking away.

Jessie, Wedge, and Biggs all made their way back home as Barret tried to find something to eat. I looked down at Marlene who was leaning on my legs sleeping. "Hey Marlene, let's put you to bed." I said, picking her up.

"Okay..." she mumbled. 

I walked up the steps to where Marlene's bed room was and opened the door. Her room was filled to the brim with photos of everyone, but mostly of her and Barret. I placed her down on her bed and looked around at the photos, I saw one that caught my eye and picked it up. In this photo there was Barret holding a baby Marlene and two other people who I assumed were Marlene's real parents..

Sadly a few years ago Barret's hometown was attacked and destroyed by Shinra...and during the battle Marlene's parents lost their lives. She was lucky that Barret found her that day and took her in as his own. Barret would tell her story about her parents and I would love to hear them too. But even knowing that he wasn't her real father, Marlene still chooses to call Barret dad which I find very amazing really...

I placed the photo down and was about to leave until I felt something tug my shirt. I turned to see Marlene standing there, rubbing her eyes. "Can you stay?" she asked, looking up at me. I smiled and nodded, "Sure, I don't mind." I walked her back to her bed and grabbed a rocking chair that I usually sat on when I sleep in Marlene's room.

"Tifa?"

"Yeah?"

"Are Shinra really the bad guys..." there was a long silence as I was too shocked by her question to answer.

"Yes of course they are, why do you ask?"

"Well today when I went to hang out with my friend they said their little sister was stuck with a bunch of monsters. Then a turk came around and saved her...and aren't turks from Shinra? If they're bad why would he save her?" again there was a long silence as I tried to think of an answer. I mean my whole life I assumed that Shinra was evil...after having dealt with them so many time in my past...and none of my memories with them were good.

"Well...I....I think that-," but when I glanced at Marlene she was fast asleep. I sighed and looked out at the metal sky...I just couldn't seem to picture any turk saving someone. The only Shinra I know..is the one that kills and harms others to help themselves..

I glanced at Marlene one last time before closing my eyes and falling asleep..

-(The Next Day)-

"Alrighty then everyone ready to go?" Barret asked, as me and Marlene walked out of the bar and closed the doors.

"Yups!"

"Okay then, see you Tifa and Marlene! Be safe alright?" 

"Okay daddy!" Marlene said, as we waved goodbye before they disappeared.

"Let's go Marlene." I smiled, and held my hand out for her to take. She smiled back at me and gripped my hand tightly as we started making our way to Sector 5.

(END OF CHAPTER)

(Hope y'all are doing well! Have an amazing day and stay safe! BYEE!)