Our Pasts..

-(Out in the Woods)-

-(Night-Time)-

(3rd Person POV)

As Aerith slowly closed the door behind her, carrying all the food she took from today's dinner with her as she ran out to the forest. As soon as she made it to the forest, walking up the hill she was used to, she noticed that Kumika wasn't there...

"Hmm...I wonder where he is..." she sat on the ground, and tried to place the food nicely out for Kumika. But little did she know that Kumika was in fact there. If she were to just look up, she would see him staring down at her on top of a tree.

He was actually up there to test something, to see if he could handle not talking to her for one night...

1 minute had passed...

2 minutes had passed...

5 minutes have passed....

10 minutes....

Kumika clenched his fist, as he looked up at the sky now. Wondering why the night was taking so long to finish, what's more Aerith was still there waiting..

She shivered as the wind started blowing softly towards her, making her hair fly up with the wind. Kumika sighed and grabbed the jacket he was using and threw it down to Aerith who was shocked to see it flying towards her.

"O-Oh! Kumika there you are!" she said, smiling at him.

"Jeez, you didn't have to wait in the cold.."

"But you said you only eat the food that I give you at night right? I don't wanna think about you starving out here."

"Tch.." Kumika sat next to Aerith and started eating the food Aerith had placed out.

"How was your day?"

"Normal.."

"Ah...anything-um-interesting happened?"

"Killed a bird today for lunch....that's about it." Kumika grabbed the cakes with his bare hands and started eating them.

"I...I see..."

"You don't need to worry about me dumbass...I'm your enemy."

"Hmm, well I think you're nice."

Kumika stopped eating and turned towards Aerith, "Me? Nice?"

"Mhm!"

"Ah.."

Aerith looked up at the moon and smiled, "You know Kumika...can I tell you something.."

"What.."

"I actually.....have had a similar experience that you're having."

"Huh...what's that-,"

"Living alone.....surviving alone...I hated it but that's what I had to do..."

Kumika stopped eating and stared at Aerith, as she tried to think on how to word her next sentence.

"My mother....real mother...had run away from Shinra one day. There were times where she would leave me alone in places....to get things and learn where to go....and I'd have to be on my own..."

"Eh...didn't know that."

"I remember....one time she took forever to come get me. So I had to wait in a dark place for the longest time, flinching at every sound and voice thinking that it was Shinra goons coming after me....I cried that time too....thinking that I was gonna be alone forever..." Kumika felt a sting in his heart, as he noticed the tears streaming down Aerith's face.

"O-Oi..." then before he knew it, Aerith began to cry. Kumika continued to stare at her, not knowing what to do. Losing hope, he slowly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her close to him. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and placed his head on her shoulder.

"I...I've been alone my whole life. I lost my best and only friend when I first started out at Shinra...he was one of the best soldiers that Shinra ever had. But he didn't make it back home...he died during his mission. He was the only person I trusted....the only one I had considered my family...but he disappeared from my reach." Aerith wrapped her arms around Kumika, still crying as she listened to Kumika.

"I-I'm sorry Kumika..."

"But you know Aerith....though you claimed you thought you were gonna be alone forever, you're now no longer alone. You have amazing friends that you can call "Family"...so don't think you're ever alone cause you have them with you." Aerith held her breath as she backed away from Kumika, who was smiling at her.

"And neither are you, from now on you're never gonna be alone again...okay? Because I'm gonna be here for you." Aerith wiped her tears away, and smiled at Kumika.

"Tch...stupid." Kumika patted Aerith softly on the head, making her laugh.

For once in his life...Kumika had understood what his friend had meant...

"Love? Please Zack what the hell would I need that for?"

"Because Kumika, without love in someone's life, they'll only feel alone and sad all the time...I'm sure one day...soon and surely you'll understand what it means to feel loved."

"So this is love...huh?"

"Huh? What did you say?" Aerith asked, cocking her head to the side. Kumika blushed and stood up, not looking at Aerith.

"N-Nothing, shut up dummy." he said, stomping away.

"HUH?! KUMIKA WAIT!" Aerith stood up and started running after him. Kumika laughed as he started running away from her, around the hill and downwards.

"KUMIKAA!" Aerith yelled, running faster. Kumika, who looked back at her, tripped on a tree branch and fell to the ground.

"O-Ouch....HEY HEY AERITH WATCH OUT!"

But it was already too late, Aerith ran right into the branch Kumika tripped on and fell right on top of him.

"O-Owiee..."

The two of them looked at the other, who's hair was messed up and their faces covered in dirt. Soon enough they both started to laugh, Aerith hugged Kumika who hugged her right back.

For the first time in both of their lives...

They had realized that now...

They were never alone...

-(END OF CHAPTER)-

(T^T *cries* not gonna lie this teared at my heartstrings y'all. BUT ANYWAYS thanks for waiting and for reading! I hope you have an amazing day/evening!! Bye Byee)