Star Memories...

-(1 Hour Later)-

(Tifa's POV)

As I opened my eyes I noticed that the helicopter was slowly descending down to the ground. I sat up and noticed Rufus and (Y/N) looking down to where we were landing.

"Almost there Rude!" Rufus said, walking towards where Rude was. (Y/N) then noticed me as he turned around.

"Hey there, you rest up good?"

"Somewhat." I replied, standing up. "So..where are we?" I asked.

"You'll see." 

As the helicopter finally reached the ground, and everyone was up, we left the helicopter and walked on top of the ground. I also had to tell Marlene what had happened sense she was asleep through the entire event.

"Now then, here we are!" We all turned to where Rufus was looking to see a village. Children were running around, women and men selling goods, farmers he ding to their fields, and men training near the back of the village. 

"Was wondering when you would get here." I glanced to my right to see...a dog?!

"Hey there Red, sorry we had a little hold up." Rufus replied, petting the dog. I honestly didn't know what was more surprising, the fact that the dog could talk...or the fact that it was red and bigger then a normal dog.

"Oh, this is Red. A good friend of mines, he's on our side so don't worry." Red bowed to us as we started making our way towards the village. 

"For now, I plan on letting us stay here until things gets better at Midgard and so we can plan our attack as well." 

"How did you even know this village existed?" Biggs asked, looking around.

"I've been staying here for most of the time I left Midgard-,"

"OI RUFUS!" I watched as a woman threw a book straight at Rufus, hitting him square in the face. I tried my best to hold in my laughter, as the woman came up to us.

"S-so mean..Tori."

"Shut the hell up, took you awhile to come back." She growled, she glanced at us and her expression softened. 

"These are the people who're gonna stay here." Rufus said, rubbing his nose.

"Ah I see, well heyo I'm Tori, the village chief." She replied with a smile. "You guys are Avalanche and a few Turks right?" We all nodded.

"Follow me then, I'll lead you all to your rooms." Rufus said, glaring at Tori as we passed. 

We walked down towards the end of the village where a huge house was standing. "The right side of the house if girls, while the left is for boys. You can go get yourselves situated, Teseng and (Y/N), come with me real quick." Everyone but (Y/N) and Teseng made their way inside. I glanced back at (Y/N) who immediately noticed me staring.

Just go, I'll be fine

He mouthed to me, making me smile. I waved before following everyone inside the house.

-(Night Time)-

I quietly made my way outside, as the silence of the night surrounded me. We had just finished eating dinner, and it was probably one of the dinners I'll remember forever.

Barret ended up getting softer and trusted (Y/N) and them more. He also bonded with Reno when they got drunk, which was a very interesting sight to see.

Rufus and (Y/N) are closer then ever, as if they knew one another for the longest of times. They also ended up sharing their stories about their past with everyone, bringing tears to everyone's eyes.

Tori also explained about the village and how it came to be. As well as what we could find here and how she met Rufus, who she claimed was her "irritating little brother".

I sat down on the grass and looked up at the beautiful stars in the sky...it almost reminded me of a time from long ago...when my village was still well and running.

"Someday, when everything is over, I'll make sure we can keep coming here to look at the stars...I promise Tifa.."

"Tifa?" I looked up to see (Y/N)looking down at me.

"Hey, what you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He grinned.

I glared at him before saying, "Just wanted to see the stars.." 

"Ha...same." he replied, as he looked up at the stars. When I turned to him, I noticed how his (E/C) eyes reflected the sky in them..so beautiful.

"I was never able to see so many stars before." He said, breaking the silence.

"Ah, well I have..but it's been awhile."

"Oh, when have you seen them then?" (Y/N) asked, suddenly interested.

"Well...when I still lived in my village, there was this one spot I would go to every night when I wasn't feeling the greatest. There I could see the millions and thousands of stars in the sky, and instantly all the pain I felt that day would go away.."

An image then popped into my head, Cloud smiling at me...his smile almost as bright as the stars in the sky..

"Cloud would be there too...as if he was waiting for me...We would end up talking about our day together, our dreams, life, and what we believed in. One day he promised...that when things around here started to get better...he would make sure we could always go there all the time..." 

"Ah...I see." I took a deep breath, trying hard to not cry as memories of Cloud started to fill my head.

"Honestly...I hated stars..."

"Huh, what ever for?"

"Cause....whenever I see stars I think of him....and his bright smile that made me feel happy and not alone. But now I can't see that smile anymore...I could only see the stars that reminded me constantly of his smile."

"I honestly think that's a good thing..." I turned towards (Y/N) who seemed to be looking at something in the sky that I couldn't see...

"What do you mean..."

"Well...you said do yourself, his smile always made you happy right? So the fact that you can look up at the stars, and already see his smile you love so much, makes it easier for you to be happy....you don't have to dig through the darkness of your memories to find it....just look up at the stars and he's already there..."

There was a silence as I processed what he said, I mean he wasn't wrong. I've never thought of it that way before...

"Sorry, I hope it didn't seem like I was criticizing you-,"

"No no of course not! I should be thanking you, for changing the way I think about stars!" He laughed and held my hand gently making me jump. My heart beating fast in my chest, my body suddenly feeling light from his touch.

"Well...I guess I have something that I can use the stars for to help me remember it." 

"O-oh yeah, what's that?" I asked, trying to control my beating heart.

He turned towards me and smiled at me, "You.."

"M-M-Me?!" 

"Mhm, your my memory that the stars make me think of. I honestly couldn't ask for anyone better." When he turned away to look at the stars again, I couldn't help but stare at him. My heart suddenly calmed down, as I made my grip on his hand tighter. 

I then turned back towards the stars with a smile, for some reason....as I looked up...(Y/N)'s smile from before appeared in my head.

And honestly...I didn't mind..

(END OF CHAPTER)

(I love looking up at the stars, so pretty😍anyways thanks for reading as always y'all! I hope you enjoyed it and don't feel afraid to check my account for more of my works! Have a good rest of your day/evening! Bye bye!)