chapter 17

The next I went over to Embry place, he wanted just us to hang out. We took a walk on La Push, its nice, we talked a little. What we like, what we like to do. As we walk more, i stared at the cloudy sky, the cold air hurting my faces, it nice.

"Its so beautiful here." I said. I stared at the ocean.

"yeah, it is. Can I ask you a question?" he asked me. I turn to him, I got nervous on what he was going to ask.

"sure." I said.

"So, are you okay? like really okay?" he asked me, I turn away and stared back at the ocean, I wanted to answer no, I'm not. But I couldn't say it. I turn back to him.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." I said in a straight face. He stared for a second then nodded.

"I don't want you see get hurt, not after...well him." he tells him. I gave him a small smile, he really cares about me, I throw my arms around him.

We continue walking on the beach. We see the guy that found Bella in the woods after Edward left her. Him and other were on cliff ready to jump.

"hey, who's that guy?" I asked him.

"that's Sam. why?" he asked me.

"He's the one that found Bella." I said. I turn to Embry who's face looks nervous. I turn back to Sam who was staring at us from a far. Embry pulls my arm, "lets keeping walking more." he just said, we continue walking, What was that about? I thought.

Later on in the week, I still hang out with Embry, his presence made me feel happy, calm. Making me forget of the past and moving forward in my life. I still practice my archery and training, my parents can see I'm going better, i still wonder if Charlie wanted to send Bella to her mom, but I know she won't leave it's place. Hoping he'll show up one day.

I gave a call to uncle Charlie see if Bella is up to hang out. But he told me she and Jessica went out, I was surprise she finally went out of the house, it made me smile at she's making some progress. The next day I went to the Rez to see Embry, he was with Quil.

"Hey guys." I greet them.

"Hey" they said.

We walked down to Jacob house see what's he up to, I see a very familiar truck. Bella.
She's here! I smile, she's here. We walked inside the shed house to see them working on a bike. Jacob introduced her to them, I walk over to bella well they play fight embry and him.

"It's good to see you." I sat next to her. She's smiles, I look back at them fighting, "I got 20 bucks in Embry." I said.
"You're on." She said. We laughed and talked together, I see Bella more open, it was a fun day.

~Weeks later~

Days and weeks pass by, thing look normal now, well that I know of. Bella has been spending time with Jake, I mean their childhood friends. Who use to make mud pies together, she looks happy, it's safe to say bella is back to herself. Bella and I spend time together too, I would sleep over her house or she sleeps over mine. I even show her my archery skills, she was impress. Told me I'm a gifted archer, very good. Both our parents were happy to us back to normal again.

As Bella spends her days with Jake, I spend time with Embry, who becomes like my best friend. We sat on a log staring at the ocean view. From the corner of my eye I see him trying to put his arm around me.

"So, um Jake really joins having Bella around huh?" I quickly start a conversation. He clears his throat and puts his arm back.

"Yeah, that's great. So, listen I know we're hang out a lot and I was wondering if you wanna-" I quickly stop him, to tell him I'm not ready for a relationship like that. Or just jot ready at all.

"Embry. You know I love you, I really do. But I'm just not ready for a relationship. Hanging out with you has made me feel like so happy, so happy like I was with...him. I just don't want to ruin our friendship." I tell him, The look on his face looked hurt. Which I never meant to.

"Oh, it's okay. I understand." He tells him.

"I'm sorry." I tell him, he gives me a small smile. Later on that day I went back home, I see my mom sitting down.

"So how was your day with your friend?" She asked me, with a very scary voice.

"It was fine." I said. She gets up from where she was at. "Was going to la push fun too?" She said, my eyes widen, "Charlie told me, you been going down there for a while now." She said. "Yeah, me and Bella go there together." I said, she's looks like me as if she didn't believe me, she then nods her head. "Okay." She said then walks away. I roll my eyes and head to my room, I throw my bag on my bed then just lay down. I stare at the ceiling for about an hour. I scoff and sat back up, I went over to my window, looked out. Last time I looked out my window, well was of him. Hoping he'll show up, climb up to my window.

"Stop thinking about him." I told myself.

"Please forgive me."

I close my eyes, not again.

"Allison. Please forgive me."

"How can I forgive"

I started to tear up, then stare at the window. I went back to my bed lay there wiping my tears. How can I? Forgive him for leaving me. I can't.

A week has pass, I haven't heard from Embry. No calls, no texts. I started to get worry, I left him voicemail after voicemail. But no call back, I wonder if it's about of what I told him, not wanted a relationship. I didn't mean to hurt him. I place back and forth in my room. Wondering what to do. Should I go see?

That's what I'm going to do, I grabbed my keys and head out. I went to Jake first made he's with him. I got the Rez, I see Jake and Bella.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey Allison." They said, they saw I looked worry and sad. Bella walked up to me looking concern. "What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Have any of you seen Embry? He's not answering my calls or text. I'm getting worry." I tell them. "Sorry, I haven't heard from him actually." He said.

"I think its my fault." I said.

"How is this your fault?" Jake asked me.

"He asked me out. But I said no, I told him I wasn't ready and didn't want to ruin our friendship we have. Now I'm thinking it's about of that." I said

"He asked you out?" Bella sounded surprise.

"Yeah. I didn't mean to hurt him." I said. 

"I'm sure he's fine Allison, you can hang with us if you like?" Jake offer. I smile, "thanks but I have things to do actually." I said, I said my goodbyes to them. On my drive home all I could think about, is what I said to embry. I can't lose him too, I don't want to lose anyone.