Chapter 20

The next day, I drove Bella home. She seen better after she spend the night at my place. I drove Jacob's house, when I got there. He was coming out of his house.

"Jacob!" I yell. He turns to see me, Bella was right he cut his hair. I stared at him up and down.

"Bella told me what happened. Why Jacob?" I asked him. He kept his head down.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." He quietly said. He lifts up his head. "You gonna believe me." He said. I sigh, "you acted like Embry. You know." I sass him.

"I know." He said. We walked to his shed house. "I'm guessing you know what my family does. Right?" I asked him. He smiles, "oh yeah, I kinda knew before the change actually. Which I can also guess Embry told you." He said. I nodded, then looked confuse, "wait, you knew the entire time." He nodded. "And you never said anything?" He nodded again. Then he chuckles, "come on, Argent. Your name means-"
"Sliver. I know." I snapped at him. "Argents have been hunting us for quite sometime. Even the Cullens." He said. "I know. It's something I had to learn." I said. "So I'm guessing you know what i am." He asked him. As we left the shed house, we see Paul, Sam and Quil. "What is she going here?" Paul asked aggressively. I roll my eyes.

"It's cool Paul. She's my friend." He told him.

"She's an Argent. She's probably planning to hunt us." He tell jake. "Allison, may be Argent. But she wouldn't hurt her friends or the people she loves." He get in his face. Sam then pulls them away from each other. "Okay that's enough."

"Besides, I don't have any weapons on me." I said, jake arch his eyebrow. "Okay." I pulled out my dragged, from my boot. Jake had his hand out, so I handed him my knife. "Now, I don't have any weapons." I said. "Look, I sorry for what my family's has done. But I'm not like them." I tell them.

"You almost throw an arrow at me. Remember?" Sam said. My mouth dropped, when I remember that day my dad took me.

"That was you." I asked him. He nodded. "I was going through something. I didn't mean to." I tell him. "It's okay, Allison. We're heading back to Emily's. Embry there." He said. I nodded.

We got to Emily's place. "Before we go in. Try not to stare. It bothers Sam." Jake said. "I would I stare?" I asked. "Just don't, okay?"

We walked in, I see Embry. I see a woman turn around. I see why jake told me not to stare. Half her face is scarred. I remain calm. Sam walks up to her, giving her a kiss. Looking at them so in love, reminded me how I was with him.

"You must be Allison Argent. The huntress." She said. "I am." I said, surprisingly. "Embry talks about you a lot. He wasn't lying, you are very beautiful." She said, I blushed. "Oh does he." I tease him. The others laugh, "really guys." He said.

"It's okay." I laugh. I stayed with the guys for a bite, it was nice. Emily was really nice to me, she reminded me so such of Esme. After eating at Emily's, Embry and me took a walk in the bleach.

"What happened to Emily's face?" I asked him.

"Sam lost it one day. Leaving her like that." He said. "He got anger? Why?" I asked. "It's not really my place to say. She said some stuff and he wolfed out, lost control." He said. I stopped walking.

"Is that why you wouldn't speak to me?" I asked him, he turns around. "I was trying to protect you." He said. "I can protect myself." I said back. "If I hurt you, I wouldn't forgive myself Allison." He looked at me with sad eyes. "I know you won't." I tell him. He slightly smiles. "How can you be so sure. When I phase all I thought about. What if I hurt Allison the way Sam hurt Emily? That's my biggest fear. I thought if I stopped talking you it was my way of protecting you." He tells me.