Chapter 49: Rey Quigley

Rey fiddled with the small band on her ring finger nervously

Rey fiddled with the small band on her ring finger nervously. She tried her best to not seem nervous, but she felt eyes staring at her.

"Are you sure you're up for this, Rey?" Ned asked.

"If it brings Amora back, I'll do it," Rey said firmly.

Aaron glanced at her, pressing his lips to her forehead. The simple touch made her stomach twist and sent butterflies fluttering in her chest. Every time they were together, she found herself falling for him all over again.

"When will Hazel and Tyler get back?" Aspen asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

"They sent an owl. It's only a three day trip, so probably tomorrow morning," Cedric shrugged.

Aspen sighed and glanced around the table nervously. No one seemed to notice, but when it came to reading emotions, Rey could do it the best.

"Aspen, what's wrong?" Rey asked. Aspen's eyes flickered to her's nervously, and he began to anxiously fiddle with his hands.

"I got word from the Order today," Aspen explained.

"What about?" Aaron pressed.

"Hush, let him explain," Belle said.

"They think there's a spy in our ranks...feeding information to the Dark Lord," Aspen told them.

Rey sucked in a breath. She glanced around the table, and noticed others were doing the same.

"No," Rey said suddenly. Everyone looked at her curiously.

"We can't start doubting each other, not when we're about to go to war in a couple of days," Rey snapped.

"But we need to stay alert. Many suspect the spy could be Tyler," Aspen explained.

"He's our brother you prick, how could you say that?" Aaron hissed. Rey rested her hand on his shoulder and he leaned back in his chair.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was," Aspen muttered.

"He saved me and Aaron. I doubt he would be working for them still," Belle countered.

"Yeah, but what if he was just trying to earn our trust?" Ned wondered. Belle shot him a glare and Ned sunk back into his chair.

"Listen, first things first. We need to get Amora back," Cedric said. Everyone looked over to him. Rey felt a lot of pity for him and Amora. They had been through so much together, and Cedric hadn't been the same since he lost her.

He needed her back more than anyone.

"I'm not sure we should do this...we're torturing her," Ned muttered.

"It would be torture if she didn't want us to. She wants us to do this," Aaron explained.

Rey's stomach churned and the thought of hurting Amora filled her mind.