Destroyer

Aqua bolted out of the front door of the mansion, suitcases in hand.

Aqua: "Let's go, let's go, we need to go!"

(Y/N): "Go where?"

Aqua: "Somewhere far, far away!"

(Y/N): "Far! I don't care where, just far!"

Aqua: "Now's not the time for references! Didn't you hear?! The Destroyer is coming!"

While Darkness was already outside, Megumin had just followed Aqua out.

Kazuma: "No one has given me a real explanation on what the hell a Destroyer is."

Darkness: "An ancient weapon that went on an unstoppable rampage. They say that where it steps foot, not even the grass remains."

(Y/N): "Damn, that'd make a killer song."

Kazuma: "Aqua is right for once, now's not the time."

Megumin: "Fighting it...It's reckless at best. Suicide, more realistically."

Kazuma: "Alright then. We're heading to the guild."

Aqua: "What?!"

(Y/N): "Now I'm all for life on the road, but I'm with Kazuma this time. There's no way in hell I'm gonna sit by and let the house we worked so hard for just get destroyed."

Kazuma: "Somebody gets it."

(Timeskip)

The party, as well as all other adventurers in town were gathered together. They were watching a giant mechanical spider through a crystal ball.

Luna: "The Destroyer is heading towards us from the northeast, so we have about an hour until it arrives. You all are this city's last bastion of hope."

The adventurers watched the Destroyer obliterate a bird flying above it. Soon after, the crystal ball stopped working.

(Y/N): "Darkest color, blistered earth. True death of life."

Kazuma: "Consider the time and place. Please."

(Y/N): "They're right though. If we can't stop this thing, the world will be colored blackened."

Random Adventurer 1: "Um, the Destroyer was made by an ancient kingdom, right? Did they prepare any countermeasures?"

Luna: "They were the first to perish in it's rampage."

Random Adventurer 2: "If only Mitsurugi was here."

Random Adventurer 3: "I wonder where he went off to."

Kazuma started to avert his gaze, but (Y/N) stood tall.

(Y/N): "We can't worry about where that jackass-"

Kazuma elbowed (Y/N).

(Y/N): "What the hell was that for?!"

Kazuma started to frantically whisper to him.

Kazuma: "Listen, they basically treat him like a god amongst men. I agree with you, but if you want them to listen to a thing you say, you have to say it without insulting him."

(Y/N): ".....Fine."

(Y/N) stood up above the adventurers once again.

(Y/N): "We can't worry about what someone who isn't here would do. Right now is right fucking now, and if we have to rely on anyone other than ourselves, we'll lose our homes and even our lives. So I say we come up with a plan, and kick that Destroyer's mechanical ass!"