10k Special: Sick Day

You can't get rid of me, so take this as a token of my gratitude!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After coming back home from the capital, everyone had fallen back into the groove of daily life. Because of this, things had become a little mundane when there were no quests lined up, especially for one person. So to ease his boredom, he decided to pick a fight.

(Y/N): "I bet I can drink more than you."

Aqua: "I'd like to see you try!"

(Y/N): "Oh yeah?! How about we take the bet from when Jason showed up?! Whoever passes out first has to buy the other drinks for a week!"

Aqua: "Make it two!"

(Y/N): "I ain't got a problem with that! In fact, I'll even go three weeks!"

Aqua: "You're a coward! Show some backbone, one month!"

(Y/N): "You're on, you aquatic deadbeat! Let's go to the guild, right now come on!"

The two then sprinted out of the mansion, leaving everyone else in confusion.

Megumin: "Nothing good can come of this."

Kazuma & Darkness: "Agreed."

.
.
.

At the guild, bottles lined the bar. Currently, (Y/N) was up by two bottles, but Aqua was gaining on him.

Aqua: "That's three!"

(Y/N): "I'm about to crack open the fifth, get on my fucking level!"

Aqua: "I'm you insist!"

The two kept guzzling their liquor, and their chatter in between sips brought in quite a crowd.

Dust: "Look at him go! He might actually outdrink Aqua at this rate!"

Keith: "Nah, (Y/N) can hold his own, but Aqua has insane tolerance."

Dust: "Well so does (Y/N). It could go either way."

The guild patrons watched as the two slammed back drink after drink.

Adventurer 1: "My money's on (Y/N)."

Adventurer 2: "Really? Aqua is obviously gonna win."

Dust leaned over to Keith.

Dust: "I have a great idea."

.
.
.

Aqua caught up to (Y/N) as she cracked open her eighth bottle.

Dust: "Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen! We have the insatiable partyer, the Musical Adventurer, (Y/N)! And we have the best blue haired drinker there ever was, Aqua!"

Keith: "For just 1,000 eris given to the house, you can place any amount of eris on either contestant! Rewards for the winning side will be given out equally! Come on, pick your side and win a small fortune!"

Everyone in the guild crowded around Keith and Dust, who were standing in front of (Y/N) and Aqua. They started to hand the two varying amounts of money. By the end of betting, Keith and Dust had worked up at least 100,000 for themselves. The guild cheered as both (Y/N) and Aqua opened their ninth.

.
.
.

(Y/N) and Aqua both could barely keep their own heads up. Opening the fourteenth bottle, the two each took a big sip before their heads hit the bar in sync. They'd both drank themselves to sleep. The guild went into an uproar.