The Ten Million Bride: Chapter 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eris: "Kazuma, (Y/N), your deaths were really pathetic!"

(Y/N): "That's real fuckin welcoming, Eris."

Kazuma: "You're in a great mood, Eris."

The two found themselves in a familiar room facing a familiar face.

Eris: "Sorry, I've just always wanted to try saying a famous line like that."

Eris squinted with a mischievous smile on her face. Kazuma blushed as the goddess in front of him scratched her cheek.

Eris: "I should let you both know that your comrades are safe, far away from the hydra now. You're corpses have been retrieved by Darkness, she had let herself be swallowed though..."

Kazuma: "Letting herself be swallowed by a hydra, really...that girl's too reckless."

(Y/N): "It all went to shit once Megumin hit it."

Kazuma: "Seriously, what the hell was that? Growing back it's missing heads, really that has to be cheating...There's no way can beat something like that, right?"

(Y/N): "Wait a second, how bad was the damage? On our bodies I mean. We can't go back if it's too severe."

Kazuma: "Give it to us straight, are we dead for good?"

Eris: "N-no it's fine, you can revive! About thirty percent of your bodies are gone, but it'll still work!"

She stared at the dejected boys sitting in chairs in front of her.

Eris: "...After you revive, please don't blame Darkness, ok? I know that she was the one who set up this quest, but...she really haher reasons. She's blaming herself for your deaths, she's taking it really hard. Of course, the ones that suffered the most were you two, but still..."

(Y/N): "We're not mad at her, it's alright."

(Y/N) spoke for the both of them, and Kazuma made no move to object.

Kazuma: "Anyway, didn't you say that you go down to the mortal world every so often to have fun. How about you visit Axel sometime? It feels lonely when I can only meet you after kicking the bucket..."

Eris giggled at Kazuma.

Eris: "Actually, we've met plenty of times before. It's about time you notice me, don't you think?"

Kazuma: "We met? Was it in Axel?"

Both boys went silent, wracking their brains for answers. Eris smiled at the two.

Eris: "I'll give you a hint. Down in the mortal world, my appearance is different from here. I'm more energetic and have a different manner of speech."