Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 3

Kazuma: 'Miscalculation. MAJOR miscalculation. I was trying to drag this out to stay in the castle as long as possible, not leave it entirely.'

The Chivalrous Thief was hitting nobles with bad reputations. To stop the thief, the party had to stay in a place where they thought the thief would hit. And that just so happened to be...

Aldarp: "So you came without hesitation."

(Y/N): "It just had to be you."

Aldarp ignored (Y/N) and set his eyes on Darkness. It was obvious that he was undressing her with his eyes.

(Y/N): "...Yuck. If he looks at you like that, I'm gonna kick his skull in."

The threat seemed to jolt Aldarp out of his...session. He then looked to Aqua, albeit with a lot less excitement than he did Darkness. Aqua hid behind Kazuma.

Aldarp: "Such beauty, as expected from Lady Dustiness' comrade. If I had to liken your beauty...Yes, I'd say like a goddess!"

Aqua poked her head out from behind Kazuma.

Aqua: "Hey, what do you mean 'like a goddess'?! I am a goddess! I am one!"

Aldarp: "A beauty with a sense of humor, how delightful!"

Aqua: "Just you wait for divine retribution!"

Aldarp treated Aqua's threat as a joke. He set his eyes on Megumin next, but was very cautious.

(Y/N): "Unless you don't mind living in a wheelchair, I'd watch where you step here, pal."

One of the guards that had gone out with Aldarp to recieve the party leaned and whispered to him.

Guard: "Sir, be careful. This girl is legendary for having a couple screws loose."

Aldarp: "Screws loose...So she's dangerous."

Megumin: "Why did you avert your eyes from me? If you're lucky, I might personally show you just what that man said."

Aldarp: "No, um...I think you're quite...Cute and pretty."

(Y/N) couldn't exactly decide if he was mad because he complimented Megumin, or because the compliment was halfhearted. Either way, the interaction elicited an involuntary growl out of (Y/N), which scared Aldarp out of saying any more.

Aqua: "Huh, are you keeping a Rookie Killer around here?"

Megumin held onto (Y/N)'s arm, calming him down just slightly.

Aldarp: "S-still, Lady Dustiness, are you implying that I'm a man with a bad reputation, that'll be struck by the Chivalrous Thief? It pains me to think that someone as famous as Lady Dustiness would believe the rumors on the street about me. I thought you'd be unwilling to stay in my house, but apparently you aren't against it. Well if you think I'll be targeted by this thief, then please, don't hold back, stay as long as you like."

Aldarp was trying to keep them in check with his sarcastic speech, one that would've worked on ordinary adventurers. But he should've known by now that this party isn't ordinary. Kazuma walked past him into the mansion.

Kazuma: "We have the go to stay as long as we like, so I'm taking the biggest room!"

Aqua: "That's no fair Kazuma! We should decide after we've discussed the options! I want the room closest to the dining hall!"