Prison, Interrogation, And Justice For All

(Y/N) were in a prison cell. Kazuma was sitting against the wall, but (Y/N) was still passed out. Suddenly he stirred.

(Y/N): "Fuckin....ow. What the hell happened to us?"

Kazuma: "Subversion of the state."

(Y/N): "What the hell does that mean?"

Kazuma: "Remember the coronatite? Sent away to a random location by our order? Blew up some noble's mansion. We're imprisoned for treason basically."

(Y/N): "......Shit. Is jail here any different than jail on earth?"

Kazuma: "I wouldn't know. Never been to prison here. Or on earth. Wait a second, have you been to jail?"

(Y/N) scratched the back of his neck and looked away nervously.

(Y/N): "Uh...Maybe?"

Kazuma: "There's no maybe. Yes or no."

(Y/N): "Fuckin, ok dad. Yeah, I've been to jail once or twice. Underage drinking has consequences. And so do barfights. And, uh, pot."

Kazuma: "My best friend is a drug addict?!"

(Y/N): "No! I was playing a college party, and they thought it would be just hilarious to give me a pot brownie. I got stopped by a cop on the way home, and failed a drug test. I've never been an addict, and I don't plan to become one. Only things I'm addicted to are good vibes, metal, and guitar."

Kazuma: "You're literally addicted to whiskey."

(Y/N): "No comment."

(Y/N) noticed that Amelia was still in his arms.

(Y/N): "How in the hell did I hold on to her?"

Kazuma: "When they put us in here, they tried to take the guitar away. But once the first knight grabbed the neck, it was like you were possessed."

(Y/N): "What did I do?"

Kazuma: "You woke up out of a dead sleep, and told him to "keep his filthy hands of your baby". Then when he didn't, you pulled a dagger on the poor guy. Nobody even knows how you got the dagger, but they took it away anyway."

(Y/N): "Maynard!"

Kazuma: "Did you just cast a spell?"

(Y/N): "No! No no no no! Maynard is my dagger!"

Kazuma: "Why would you name a dagger Maynard?"

(Y/N): "Because it can't cut worth a lick! So I used it as a multitool, mostly a screwdriver. That's why."

Kazuma: "That still doesn't explain the weird name."

(Y/N): "It's a reference. You know, the lead singer of Tool? Maynard James Keenan?"

Kazuma: "Everything you do is based around obscure references."

(Y/N): "Not everything. A lot, but not everything."

Silence fell upon the two. Something caught (Y/N)'s attention.

(Y/N): "Hey Kazuma."

Kazuma: "Yes, I'm Kazuma."

(Y/N): "You see that wine bottle?"

Kazuma: "I realize you're an alcoholic and all, but it's empty, and you need serious help."

(Y/N): "Oh would you just shut the fuck up and roll me the bottle?"

Kazuma lightly kicked the bottle, and it rolled over to (Y/N). He picked the bottle up by the neck.