Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 4

Loudspeaker: "DEVIL KING ARMY ALERT! DEVIL KING ARMY ALERT! WE'VE DETECTED A GROUP FORMING IN THE PLAINS OUTSIDE! KNIGHT CORP, PREPARE TO MOVE OUT! BECAUSE OF THE SCALE OF THIS ATTACK, WE ARE APPEALING THAT ADVENTURERS FROM IN THE CITY JOIN THE BATTLE! ALL HIGH LEVEL ADVENTURERS, PLEASE GATHER AT THE GATE!"

Darkness: "Kazuma, wake up! We need to move out!"

Darkness was pounding on Kazuma's door, so the last thing she expected was (Y/N) to open it.

(Y/N): "You did bring my axe from home, right?"

Darkness: "Wha- Yes we did, but why are you-"

(Y/N): "A whole lot of whiskey. My head feels like it's splitting, but I'm always up for a fight."

Darkness: "...Just grab your axe from your room and join the other two."

(Y/N): "Yes ma'am."

(Y/N) instinctively closed the door upon exiting, so Darkness was back to pounding on Kazuma's door.

Kazuma: "I'm still sleeping."

Darkness: "Idiot! Now isn't the time for jokes like this!"

Kazuma: "You're the one telling jokes! They called for high level adventurers, and I'm only level 17! I can't even be called mid level! With adventurers like Mitsurugi in the capital, they'll have no problem clearing out the threat!"

Darkness: "Fine! I'm joining the fray with the rest! Low level adventurers should just hide in their beds and shake!"

Darkness quit banging on Kazuma's door and angrily marched off to join the other three.

.
.
.

Aqua: "I don't wanna! I came here to relax and laze around, and if I fight now, I'll get myself into trouble! I just know it by now!"

Megumin: "I'm not going to the castle to group up, I'm going straight to the battle! If things get too chaotic, I won't be able to unleash my magic! If I'm lucky, I'll be able to take out the entirety of them with one explosion!"

(Y/N): "I'm going with you, I can't have you stealing all the glory! Plus, with two explosions, the army will be done for in seconds!"

Darkness: "Aqua, please just come on! Megumin, you wait here! (Y/N), stop acting like a Crimson Demon!"

Megumin: "What's wrong with that?!"

(Y/N): "Yeah! Let's show her the power of the greatest magic!"

Suddenly Kazuma burst out his door.

Kazuma: "Now isn't the time to be bickering! We have a crisis on our hands! Let's move, out to the fields with us!"

Everyone deadpanned at his sudden change in disposition.

(Y/N): 'He's probably figured out that if he does something special enough-'

Kazuma: 'They might just let me stay in the castle!'

.
.
.

At the castle, a fully armed Knight Corp stood in formation. There where plenty of other adventurers there too. There was a guild staff member speaking through an amplification magic item.

Guild Staff: "Adventurers, gather this way! As you haven't received training in military group maneuvers, you'll be acting separately from the knight corps, so just fight freely! I'll inspect everyone's adventurer's card before the battle. We'll provide additional rewards based on the number of monsters you subjugate after the battle, so please do your best!"