Princess Of The Six Flowers: Chapter 2

As they followed the Princess down the hall, maids were greeting Kazuma and (Y/N) as if they'd been expecting them. The mage, the white-suited woman, and Princess Iris led the two up to a luxurious room in the top of the castle, where the white-suited woman split from them to take care of certain duties. The Princess whispered to the mage.

Mage: "Satou Kazuma, (Y/N) (L/N), welcome to the castle. You're guests, so please make yourselves at home. This is your room now. (Y/N), your room is the room next door, it's on the left when you come out of this one...Well then, please continue telling your tales of adventure!"

(Y/N): "Um, Ma'am? Can we speak to you real quick?"

The mage, (Y/N), and Kazuma all went to a corner in the room.

Rain: "What can I do for you? Ah, just call me Rain, no need for honorifics. I come from a house smaller than Dustiness, and as Lady Dustiness' friends, you probably have a higher status than me..."

(Y/N): "Look, I don't mean to be rude, but...We're more like hostages than guests, aren't we?"

Rain: "No, it isn't like that. We're welcoming you as guests, not abducting you."

Kazuma: "Any way you look at it, this is an abduction."

Rain leaned forward and whispered.

Rain: "Her Highness Iris always acts like a perfect noble, is always obedient, and avoids giving others trouble. This is seriously the first time in her life that she's done something so willful like this. In the capital, she has no playmates of the same age and status, so do you think you could keep her company for a little while?"

Kazuma: "Even if you say that, I've run out of adventuring stories to tell. Just tell Her Highness that I have no more stories."

(Y/N): "I mean...I don't think I'll ever run out of songs, but I wanna go home. The mansion is almost too big for me sometimes, and this is a hell of an upgrade."

Rain nodded, and walked back over to the Princess to relay the message. She whispered back to Rain, who walked back over to the two in the corner. The Princess listened to them with a sad face.

Rain: "I brought you back here to get back at Lalatina for hitting me, as a sort of prank. And when I saw the way you all conversed, I was envious...I'm sorry for the willful request, but could you stay and play for a few days? The Princess said."

Kazuma: 'She's rather cute.'

(Y/N): 'I feel bad about saying no...But a few days?'

Kazuma: "I see. Rain-san, can you inform our teammates we'll be staying here so that they don't worry about us?"

(Y/N) sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

(Y/N): "...Please let the Crimson Demon know that I'll send her all the details in a letter."

Rain: "I understand, right away."

Rain then left the room, leaving (Y/N), Kazuma and The Princess alone.

Kazuma: 'I know it's her request...But should we really be here?'

(Y/N): "Little Miss? You sure it's alright for us to be here?"

The two boys were both apprehensive, and for good reason.

Iris: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "I'm just trying to think about this from a different perspective. Like how would the king feel about this? If I had a young daughter, and I found two men in her room late at night, I'd find murder completely justifiable."