Five

“Holy crap, why is Harry Styles in the bakery?” I heard Kelly say from the back. I was frosting a cake as Harry mixed ingredients together for cookies.

“I don’t know if you’re other employees like me.” Harry said I laughed at the chocolate on his face. I placed the frosting on the counter and went over to him.

“You have something on your face.” I said taking a wet napkin and wiping it off. I could feel Harry’s eyes staring at me while it happened. I could feel him watching my hand as it went across his face.

“Thanks.” He smiled.

“And no you’re wrong. Kelly likes you, a lot.” I said going back to my cake.

“How old is she?” He asked.

“Too young for you Harry. Way to young.” I said shaking my head at him, but I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Don’t worry i’m not interested in her, I was just curious.” He said placing the cookies on the tray.

“Grace, you’re mother is on the phone.” Cydney called from the front.

“Bill could you take over for me? This will be a while.” I asked going towards the front.

“Sure.” He said grabbing the froster.

Harry’s Point of View:

I placed the cookies in the oven being very careful that I didn’t burn myself.

“Excuse me, Bill?” I asked leaning on the counter watching him frost the cake meticulously. 

“Yes?” He said looking up from the cake.

“Can I asked you for some advice?”

“What about?” He said putting the frosting down.

“Girls, and Love.”

“You came to the right man boy, I have been married for 25 years. They have been pretty hectic but pleasant.” He smiled with joy. I looked at him and hoped for a happy marriage like he has. 

“How do you ask a girl on a proper date?” He asked.

“You’re telling me that the flirt from One Direction, the heart throb that had millions of girls throwing themselves at him doesn’t know how to ask a girl out?” Bill laughed to himself. I was slightly offended.

“How do you-” Bill cut me off.

“I have daughters Harry, three of ‘em. All were fans of yours.” He said.

“Oh, but yeah I need help.”

“It’s about Grace isn’t it?” Bill smirked.

“Yes.” I said looking down and twirled my fingers. 

“Grace is something. She is different isn’t she.” I nodded at Bill.”Let me tell you what not to do. Grace is different, like I said. Boring dinners aren’t her thing.”

“Let me guess, she likes adventure and spontaneous things.” I said as a joke.

“You’re right actually. When she was 18 she climbed Mount Everest.” 

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, she did it after she graduated from High School,  before University.”

“That’s insane. So you don’t think dinner is a good idea? Because I knew this really expensive..” I was cut off again.

“Money doesn’t impress Grace. She grew up with it, and was spoiled her whole life. HEr dad was a professional race car diver and she owns one of the most successful bakeries in London.”

“But I was in One Direction.” I said.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m going to guess, Grace has not asked you one about being in One Direction or anything about money?” 

“You’re right.”

“I know I am. She never is bothered by money or anything like that. She likes home-made things and things that take a lot of thought. If you are going to learn one thing about this whole talk, it’s don’t try and buy Grace. I bet your other girlfriends have loved the presents you gave them and spoiled them with. But don’t do that with Grace. She likes to donate her money and help the community with it. If you try and buy her expensive things she will just think you’re trying to impress her with all the money.”

“But I kind of am. It has worked before.”

“Well not this time it wont. Like I said numerous times Grace is different. Grace is the person who will appreciate the Ugly sweater that she gets on Christmas and wear it the next day. Isaac got her a present for Christmas, It was an ugly sweater, the worst thing ever. But Isaac loved it because there was a puppy on it. Grace loves animals, so he bought it for her. You should have seen her face. I wasn’t sure if it was good or bad, but she wore it the next day to work.” 

“That’s crazy.” I said trying to think of ideas. But I knew only one person who could come up with an idea.

“Gosh, my mom can talk.” Grace said as she walked in from the front. Bill smiled and winked at me before retreating back to the cake he was working on before.

“I hope you guys got to know each other better.” She said finishing the frosting.

“you have no idea.” Bill said I smiled.

“Grace is it okay if I go make a phone call quick?” i asked

“Harry you don’t have to ask to do anything. You don’t work here.” She said and laughed. I felt my face turn red before I retreated out the back and dialed a number I knew by heart. Louis.  

_____________________________________________________________________________

I hope you had a lovely christmas if you celebrate it! I did. I got some great gifts and things. I got a one direction blanket from my sisters. 17 years old and slept with all 5 of one direction. Sorry. But um yeah. I hope you're enjoying this story. I'm going to the city tomorrow so I cannot update. Enjoy, comment, vote share. PS. Follow me on Twitter. @skyisin1derland -Skyla