Seven

“it’s not a date!” I spoke to Juliette as she sat in my kitchen the next day drinking tea.

“Who are you kidding it’s totally a date.” She said laughing. I was still in my pajamas and it was already 12.

“I’m assisting him in picking out a dog. That’s not a date.” 

“I wish Ben took me to a dog shelter to get a dog as our first date.” Juliette smirked as she sipped her hot tea.

“IT’S NOT A DATE!” I basically yelled at her.

“Sure it’s not, but if he kisses you I want the full detailed description of it. You know I always fantasized about kissing him.” 

“I’m going to kill you.”

“I wonder how soft his lips are. I bet her has like special made chap stick.” Juliette started laughing. I couldn’t help but laugh along with her. “What are you going to wear?” She said changing the subject to what she loved the most. Clothes.

“this.” I said joking in my dads old ratty hoodie and sweatpants.

“You’re kidding?” 

“Obviously.”

“I think you should wear this striped cardigan with a t-shirt. And these boots. I love these boots.” 

“That’s a good idea. I could wear that.”

“You will look hot, but it wont look like you’re trying to hard. What time is he picking you up?”

“2.” I said.

“YOU ONLY HAVE TWO HOURS? That’s not enough time.” 

“It takes me like 30 minutes to get ready.” 

“Well not me, go shower. I’m doing your hair and makeup. Hurry up girl, we don’t have a lot of time.” She said pushing me towards the bathroom.

“Chill, i’m going.” I said running towards the shower.

“Wow, I’m magic.” Juliette said letting me see myself in the mirror.

“I look great.” I said looking at my hair and my makeup. It was done perfectly and not too over done. My make up was really natural. The colors around made my golden-brown eyes really stick out, and the color on my lips wasn’t too flashy. My hair was looking great. The thin and slight wavy hair was curled and parted perfectly.

“I’m a genius.” Juliette said applying a final coat of lip gloss.

“Why didn’t you go into hair and makeup?” I said admiring my self.

“I liked clothes better, I guess.” She said cleaning up the products. As she did this the door bell rang.

“Harry is here!” She sing-said. She ran down the stairs to go answer the door. “Hello darling, welcome.” She said letting him in. I could hear her from my bedroom as I zipped up the boots I was wearing. I heard her telling Harry something as she ran up the stairs back to me.

“Girl you’re so lucky. He looks dashing and he brought flowers!” She said grabbing my wrist and pulling me down the stairs. I nearly tripped because of how hard she pulled me.

“Wow. Grace you look incredible.” He said, I could feel my face become flustered. 

“YOu clean up well yourself Harry.” I admired his outfit.

“I’m going to leave you two alone. Grace call me when you get home.” She said gathering her belonging on the kitchen table. “Have fun on the date you two!” She called before leaving the house. After a few seconds of awkwardness Harry finally spoke.