Twenty Two:

“Gracey!” Peter slammed on my door and opening the blinds to my room. I groaned. “You have to get up.” He said. It was like I was 5 again. He left and I noticed that Harry wasn’t in his bed. I used the bathroom and hid my hickey on my neck. It wasn’t that bad anymore, It faded a tad but makeup would cover it up.

“Harry come here.” I heard my father said down the stairs. He was ordering around Harry to do various tasks for him and he did them. I watched from the stairs and admired it.

In the kitchen my mom was making a turkey and I kissed her on the cheek before sitting down at the table with Charlie.

“Is the baking all done?” She asked.

“yes mom. Everything is completed.” I said eating a piece of bagel.

“Grace you might want to go check on your boyfriend. He has been up since 9:30 helping dad move tables and such.” Charlie said. I almost chocked on the piece of bagel. 

“Did dad wake him up?” I asked, it was already 11:30. He had been working for 2 hours.

“I don’t think so. I think Harry wanted to help. He is more useful than I am. And he wont say no to Dad like I will.” Charlie said sipping coffee. I got up from the table and went to the living room where Harry was placing tables with Lucas as my dad told them where to put them. We always ate a a long table that took up the entire living room. I know with my dad’s back it was hard for him to move around, Harry was extra hands for Peter and Lucas.

“Gracey dear good morning.” My father greeted me and gave me a hug.

“Where do you want this sir?” Harry asked walking in with a bench in his arms.

“Right in front of the table near the television.” He said and harry did what he was told.

“Your boy is a hard worker.” Dad said putting his arm around Harrys shoulder. 

“Thank You sir.” Harry said smiling.

“Why don’t you take a break Harry. You have done more work than my boys have done all these years. I don’t think Lucas really has done anything. Gracey your Harry put everything in this room.” He said and Harry smiled with pride.

“It looks lovely.” I said smiling.

“Karen made breakfast for you Harry. Her omelets are heavenly. You need the break.” My dad said going back outside to find Peter and Lucas.

“You impressed him Harry. It takes a lot of work to do that.” I said kissing him.

“I just did what I was told. I have been told I’m a hard worker I guess it’s true. I take pride in my work.” He said.

“You can tell. My dad loves you.”

“I try. Now where is your moms food? I’m starving.” He asked.

“It’s in the microwave. I’ll show you.” I asked pulling him along. My mom was in the shower and Charlie was sitting in the kitchen with Tom.

“Now there is the hard worker himself. We were just talking about you.” Charlie said. Harry went to get the food.

“I’ll get it for you. Sit down. You worked hard enough.” I offered and both Charlie and Harry looked at me funny.

“Wow Harry. Grace must really like you if she is offering to help you.” Charlie laughed. I just rolled my eyes and heated up the omelet.

“I got a special girl.” Harry said smiling.

“I like him.” Tom said.

“Don’t get any ideas Tom.” I joked. “He is mine.” I said laughing handing Harry the plate.