chap. 4

"So, any idea where she could be?", (y/n) asked the young Harbinger with a questioning look on her face.

The boy laughed and nodded nervously, avoiding eye contact.

Why did he even suggest to help her in the first place? He didn't know a thing about the person (y/n) was looking for.

"Let's head to the Northland Bank first. I know a few people there", Childe answered, as he started to walk further into the city.

It was pretty late now, but the people in Liyue Harbor didn't seem like they would stop working very soon. Actually, more shops started to open and lights filled the crowded streets.

"Ah! We're almost there", the Gingerhead stated and pointed to the top of a house. (y/n) nodded in response and continued to walk in that direction.

But suddenly someone called out her name, causing the female to quickly turn to the direction of the voice.

"(y/n)! What are you doing here?", a young girl with long brown hair asked with a surprised expression plastered on her face.

Childe curiously stared at the smaller girl. She had greenish eyes, which complimented her soft brown hair, that was tied into a low ponytail.

A small smile appeared on (y/n)'s face.

"Greetings, Hina. How convenient, I was just looking for you".

"Is something wrong? And my apologies if you had to search for me too long, I was out of town with a friend to pick up some flowers", Hina hummed apologizing and softly scratched her neck.

(y/n) nodded and pulled out the small box with the Windwheel Asters inside of it.

"Aito told me that you needed those".

Hina stared at the flowers with adoration for a few seconds and gave (y/n) a bright smile afterwards.

"Thank you! I really needed them", the girl laughed as she gently held the flowers in her hands.

"It's no problem. I will get going now, Hina", the taller female said and waved at the brown haired girl, earning a "Take care!" in response.

Childe had quietly listened to their conversation from afar, feeling somehow relieved that they found the young girl.

"Who was that?", he asked as they walked side by side, after Hina disappeared into a building again.

"A friend. Thank you for your help", (y/n) hummed and stared at the lanterns in the sky.

Childe peeked at her with a puzzled expression. He couldn't tell whether she was seriously thanking him or being sarcastic, since he didn't really do anything.

"No.. problem", he answered with an unsure smile.

"Well then, I will be on my way to Mondstadt", the girl declared and shot Childe a short smile.

He glanced at her with a wide open eyes.

"At this time? It's dangerous, you know?", he answered with furrowed brows, earning a short chuckle from the person next to him.

That chuckle made his heart jump for a second, but he quickly shook it off and focused on the topic again.

"I'm not that helpless, you know. I will stay at the Wangshu Inn for the night and arrive in Mondstadt tomorrow noon", (y/n) explained her plan to the Gingerhead.

"Still, it's dangerous for a pretty woman like you", Childe snickered, as they slowly walked to the exit of Liyue Harbor.

"I'm more than capable of protecting myself", the girl swiftly spoke with a small hint of annoyance in her voice.

"You don't even have a vision", the tall boy mocked in response, causing a sigh to escape (y/n)'s lips.

"You don't need a vision to be strong"

"Then prove it to me"

"What?"

"Fight me. I won't kill you, I promise", Childe offered with a strange smile on his face.

(y/n) lifted an eyebrow at the bold statement and looked back at the path in front of her again. "No, thank you".

"Are you sca-"

"Tartaglia". Childe slightly furrowed his brows when she mentioned his other name.

He froze for a second at the sound of his other name.

The female shot him a short glare, before turning away again.

"Then, let me at least accompany you to the Wangshu Inn. Just to make sure, you know", he suggested after sorting out his thoughts again.

A soft sigh escaped her lips. "Fine. But don't you have some things to do, as a Fatui?"

He nervously laughed it off. "My orders are not that important right now. So please, don't worry about it", he reassured the female with a convincing smile.

They arrived at the gate of Liyue Harbor, leaving the crowded city behind.