chap. 25

With a sigh, (y/n) started to write down the next order from another customer who needed medicine. Qiqi blinked a few times and handed the female a bunch of sweet flowers.

(y/n) patted the smaller girls head with a stressed smile, silently thanking her for getting the flowers she needed for the medicine.

Due to the storm, which was caused by Osial, countless people had caught a cold and needed to be treated. But since Baizhu was sick as well, (y/n) offered to help out at the pharmacy; for a certain amount of Mora that is.

The paperwork was rather boring than exhausting; continuously noting orders from customers wasn't particularly exiting. Herbalist Gui noticed her furrowed brows and hesitated for a brief moment.

"(y/n), you can go home. The pharmacy will close in a few minutes anyways", he offered with a wide smile and pointed outside. The sky was tinted in a warm orange, sunlight shining through the clouds.

The female let out a happy sigh after a few seconds, glad that another day of work had finally passed. She's been working at the pharmacy for five days already; most of the time she was organizing papers and sorting out products like plants, that Qiqi brought her.

With a quick nod, she hurried out of the pharmacy and relaxed as soon as she walked down the stairs that led up to the shop.

The sun was slowly disappearing, causing the street lights to turn on. The laughter of people filled the air, as (y/n) walked through the big city; everyone was still talking about the Qixing and the Adepti, and how they saved Liyue Harbor.

Zhongli had also fulfilled his contract with the Tsaritsa five days ago. He gave away his Gnosis, just as he promised.

Suddenly someone called out her name, causing her to turn around and look for the source of the voice.

Her lips tugged into a genuine smile, as soon as she recognized the familiar Gingerhead standing nearby. "Childe", she greeted him.

He grinned and rested his left hand on his waist. "I'm glad to see you again. Rumors say that you started working?", he asked curiously with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

The female chuckled and nodded, causing Childe's smile to widen. His gaze wandered over her soft hair, suddenly feeling the urge to run his fingers through it. He grimaced, irritated by his own unusual behavior. It felt like the female made him a complete different person; that was because of her being not human, which he didn't know.

"You just finished work, right? How about we walk around for a bit?", he suggested with a closed-eye smile after a brief moment of silence.

The female shrugged her shoulders and nodded, causing Childe to chuckle happily. He enjoyed her company, to the point where he always sought her presence.

He facepalmed himself, realizing how cheesy he sounded thinking that. He groaned and ran his finger through his locks before averting his gaze to (y/n), quietly admiring her.

Not only in his eyes, she was very close to being perfect. The street lights made her skin look soft and her smile was flawless, as she tilted her head in irritation.

"Are you coming, Childe?". The Fatui Harbinger scratched his neck awkwardly and quickly started to follow her, as they walked past many familiar shops.

With his mask hanging on the side of his head, Childe laughed hysterically at the story's about Zhongli that (y/n) told him.

"D-Did he really moan while climbing up a mountain?", he cackled and wiped away an imaginary tear at the thought of the Geo Archon moaning because of some climbing, as they continued walking next to each other.

"And forced Aether to buy him perfume?"

(y/n) smiled, suppressing a laugh, and nodded. "Well, it is not like he ever pays for the things he buys". Childe raised an eyebrow at the girl with a hint of amusement in his eyes, remembering how she also used to spend his money a while ago.

A cough interrupted their laughter, causing the Harbinger to slightly furrow his brows. A Fatui appeared in front of them, scanning the two of them with narrowed eyes before speaking up.

"Master Childe, I am afraid that the Fatui need you now at the Northern Bank"

Childe quickly gave the Fatui a firm nod in response and then turned around to his friend, passing her a short smile. "My apologies. See you soon, (y/n)"

She waved, watching as the two Fatui's left her sight before continuing her stroll along the pier of Liyue Harbor.

(y/n) hummed, a glint of sadness in her eyes as she remembered her past romances. After spending time with Childe, her desire to feel loved again, grew.

Her gaze slowly wandered over the sea as the moon slowly started to rise up at the horizon, its shimmering light reflecting in the water.

An inaudible sigh escaped her lips as she folded her hands behind her back, silently hoping that one day a person will come who will stay with her until the end.