chap. 23

As soon as they reached the peak of the mountain, Baizhu coughed and sat down on the muddy floor, causing his clothes to get dirty. The climbing was exhausting for his body and his hair got soaked in the rain. His glasses were covered with tiny raindrops.

On the other hand, Qiqi silently followed them without any complaining. She often looked to Liyue Harbor, her eyes wandering over Osial who still threatened to destroy her home.

"Qiqi, please try to help Baizhu. I'm afraid that he caught a cold", (y/n) smiled apologetically and turned her head to the green haired male who was breathing heavily. The small zombie slightly nodded before averting her gaze to Baizhu.

Luckily they found a small empty Hilichurl camp nearby, providing them shelter from the heavy rain. While Qiqi did her best to dry Baizhu, (y/n) squinted her eyes before deciding to go out and look for Zhongli.

"This place should be safe for now". She hesitated and briefly glanced at Baizhu. "Please be careful".

Qiqi's attention was completely focused on the male, cooling his heated forehead with her crying vision. (y/n) smiled reassuringly and wanted to leave as a tired voice interrupted her, causing her to stop in her movements.

Baizhu shook his head and groaned quietly, his body feeling heavy all of sudden.

"Say, (y/n).. if this is over, could you do me a favor?", Baizhu hummed, before continuing.

"How about you help me out at Bubu Pharmacy? As you can see, I am not in a very good condition and I'm afraid that this isn't just a ordinary cold", he muttered and smiled warmly.

The female tilted her head after a few seconds, not sure what to answer. Qiqi shortly looked up with expectant eyes, before turning back to Baizhu.

"This is not the best time to discuss things like this". The female didn't like working, but seeing her friend so weak made her consider it for a moment. "Let's talk about it later"

Zhongli stood at the same spot as before, his golden eyes still fixed on the Jade Chamber as he closely observed what was going on.

The thunder just got louder as time passed, making it almost impossible to hear things properly.

"Im glad that the Qixing and the Adepti found a solution", his deep voice echoed, as soon as he noticed (y/n)'s presence. With a gentle smile, he turned around to meet her narrowed eyes.

She let out a quiet sigh, silently staring at the adepti gathered on the Jade Chamber. "Doesn't look like they are successful to me", she noted, causing Zhongli to let out a short laugh.

The sky darkened, the wind blowing aggressively, causing many leaves to fall of the trees.

"You should have more trust in them"

"I quite surprised that Childe summoned that.. creature", (y/n) mumbled thoughtfully and rested her chin on her hand as she sat down on a rock nearby. 'Maybe I was too naive'

Zhongli peeked at the female, slightly amused as he closed his eyes and crossed his arms. With a shield he kept the rain away, preventing the two of them from getting wet.

"After all of this". A loud noise interrupted the archon, coming from Osial. ".. I will give my Gnosis to the Tsaritsa", he continued to hum, causing (y/n) to furrow her brows. Nonetheless, she kept quiet, not wanting to question his decision as she stared at the sea monster.

"You say it, as if it will be easy to kill it"