chap. 19

On their way back to Liyue Harbor, Childe received a message saying that Zhongli and Aether needed his help- no, his money.

The letter they sent was quite short;
——
Dear Tartaglia,
please come to Bubu Pharmacy as soon as possible.

Zhongli
——

Childe smiled at the Fatui and shortly thanked him for handing him letter, before folding the paper and putting it into his pocket.

While making their way to the Pharmacy, (y/n) thoughtfully stared at the Cecilia Childe gave to her earlier.

The Ginger noticed her gaze and felt a satisfied smile spread across his face, as they walked past the Millelith that were guarding the gates of Liyue.

"There you are!", Paimon greeted them with her high voice and accusingly pointed at Baizhu while angrily stomping her feet.

Childe let his eyes wander between Aether and Baizhu, irritation written all across his face. Zhongli welcomed them with a warm smile, while Aether gave Paimon a stern glare.

"That guy wants three million Mora in exchange for Everlasting Incense, three MILLION", she yelled and furrowed her brows.

Childe slightly tilted his head and turned his head to Baizhu, an apologetic smile resting on his face. "Well.. that is quite a lot". Paimon glared at the Fatui, raging on the inside.

Suddenly a small figure touched (y/n)'s legs, causing the female to avert her eyes from the scenery and look down. Qiqi quietly gazed at her and blinked.

"Cocogoat. Qiqi wants Cocogoat milk", her soft voice echoed, causing a irk mark to appear on Paimons forehead.

"And because of her, Aether and had to go outside of Liyue Harbor to find that Cocogoat, when she actually meant Coconut milk!", she complained angrily, making Childe freeze for a moment before breaking out in hysterical laughter.

"C-Cocogoat?", he asked in between his laughter, holding his stomach. (y/n) suppressed a laugh and gave Zhongli an amused look, the light of the shop reflecting in her eyes.

"A-ah..", Childe sighed and wiped away a small tear that formed due to his outburst. He fixed his position and passed Baizhu a short smile.

"My apologies. I am Childe, one of the Fatui Harbingers. If you need Coconut Milk, the Fatui can make sure to start a production to fulfill your wishes. Of course, we want the Everlasting Incense in exchange", he explained firmly, causing Qiqi to turn away from (y/n) and look at Baizhu with excited eyes.

"Baizhu, quick! Qiqi wants Coco..nut Milk", she demanded, gently pulling his clothing.

He chuckled and petted her head, before answering. "If that is the case, I suppose that I can give you a discount.. let's say, 2,990,00 Mora", the green haired male suggested, causing Paimon to gasp, her head almost turning red because of her anger.

"There is almost no difference to the three million Mora!"

Baizhu ignored the fairy looking creature and waited for Childe to answer.

Zhongli placed a finger on his chin, thinking about the amount of mora they had to spent.

"It's settled then. I am looking forward to our cooperation", the Fatui smiled, still a little shaken by his laugh attack.

Aether thanked Baizhu, clearly not understanding the price that Childe had to pay, before leaving the Pharmacy, Paimon following close behind. Childe waved and walked away as well, Zhongli sticking to him.

"See you soon", (y/n) passed Baizhu a gentle smile, earning a wave in response. Qiqi looked at the floor and slightly squinted her eyes before saying goodbye to (y/n) as well.

"That was the best laugh I had in a while", Childe chuckled while walking down the stairs that led to Bubu Pharmacy.

It was around 7pm, when the sky slowly started to turn into a purple shade, the sun disappearing behind many clouds.

Paimon huffed, not satisfied with the result of the deal. "I am surprised that you fell for that", (y/n) commented, referring to the Cocogoat.

"You two are mean! More sympathy?", Paimon asked and placed her tiny hands onto her waist. Childe let out a short laugh.

"If we want to gather all the resources before midnight, it would be convenient if we leave now", Zhongli's deep voice echoed, causing Aether to respond with a nod.

Childe agreed. "I will go as well", he said soothingly and waved. Before walking away, he quickly passed (y/n) a warm smile. She wanted to say something, but the Gingerhead was already gone.

The female glanced at his figure becoming smaller in the distance, until he was just a tiny dot. She suddenly felt a little push on her side, causing her to avert her eyes to the archon next to her.

He gazed at Aether and Paimon, who were already on their way to find the needed resources. (y/n)'s eyes followed his glance, understanding Zhongli's silent invitation to join them.

She gave the male a gentle smile, before trying to catch up with Aether's fast walk.