chap. 10

(y/n) woke up to a soft snore next to her ear. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes, observing her surroundings.

She was still in the tavern, sitting on a wooden bench with her head resting on the table with several wine glasses.

The noise came from the bard, who happened to be peacefully sleeping next to her. His mouth was slightly opened and his chubby cheek was resting on his left hand.

The Cavalry Captain was also asleep, his legs crossed and eyes closed.

(y/n) noticed Childe's absence after a few moments and slightly furrowed her brows, before she stood up to look around for the Harbinger.

She quietly walked down the stairs, not wanting to wake up Kaeya and Barbatos.

Sunlight shone trough the windows of the bar, making the dust in the air visible. The female heard people chatting outside.

"Oh.. good morning, (y/n)", a familiar voice mumbled sleepily, causing the girl to turn away from the window.

In front of her stood Childe, leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom. A low chuckle escaped him, as he yawned.

"My apologies if I surprised you. My stomach kind of hurts", he said while sitting down on a chair.

She tilted her head response and pointed her chin towards the staircase wich lead upstairs.

"Good morning. We should wake the others up before Diluc arrives", earning a firm nod from the tired male.

The bard made weird noises while stretching himself, while Kaeya just blinked and quickly shook his head to avoid falling asleep again.

"What a night!", the Archon then added cheerfully while standing up energetically. "What a night indeed", Kaeya mumbled and slowly lifted himself up as well.

Childe patiently waited downstairs and stared at the cleaned bar.

"Thank you again for paying, Childe", (y/n) said with a smile as the three of them walked down the stairs. The Gingerhead just laughed it off with a "It's nothing".

The bard grinned cheekily and swiftly opened the door. "Let's get going before Diluc comes back", he giggled and quickly left the tavern.

They arrived at the fountain while laughing at Childe's jokes. Though they weren't really funny in (y/n)'s opinion.

"Well then, I will get going. I'm sure we will see each other again very soon", Kaeya smiled charmingly and waved.

Childe nodded, still a little tired, and gave the blue haired male a grin.

The Cavalry Captain walked away, getting ready to do his daily duties.

Barbatos passed Childe and (y/n) a closed-eye smile and rested his right hand on his hip. "I will go as well! Doing my.. bard things. See you later, (y/n)!", he happily waved and disappeared.

A soft hum escaped Childe's lips, after Barbatos was out of sight.

"I guess it's just the two of us now. What do you want to do?", he asked and peeked at the female.

(y/n) shrugged her shoulders and hesitated for a few seconds.

"You could go home and rest for a few hours. Or we could explore the city and walk around in the forest", she suggested. "Although it's not very different from Liyue in my opinion. Just a little.. greener"

Childe clasped his hands with a smile on his face.

"Let's explore as much as possible. We will go back to Liyue tomorrow, after all", he reminded the girl. She nodded with a gentle smile.

It was around 10am when they ate breakfast at a small restaurant near the center of Mondstadt. Of course Childe was paying.

The sky was clear, no clouds to be seen, which caused the sun to brightly shine at the streets. People were already starting to work, and the laughter of children filled the air.

"This tastes really good", Childe said and pointed to his filled plate. (y/n) nodded in agreement, while watching the male stuff food inside his mouth with a spoon.

"What are a you planning on visiting today?", he asked and glanced at the female, earning a hum in response.

"I'm not sure. It has been quite a while since I last visited Mondstadt", she said thoughtfully.

It was quite surprising how much time the goddess spent with Childe. To her surprise, she didn't really mind his company.

"This morning I heard people talking about.. Starsnatch Cliff?", he hesitantly suggested. "Apparently you have a great view from there".

(y/n) slowly nodded, remembering the time when she would always meet the Anemo Archon at the cliff.

She highly doubted that Childe was interested in views, and preferred fighting and exploring.

She shrugged her shoulders. "If thats what you want to do, then sure", the male smiled and finished his food.

"Well, let's not waste any more time then", he said and lifted himself up.

Just as the girl assumed, Childe didn't particularly like beautiful outlooks. Although he didn't want to admit it, he was very fond of the female who was walking next to him.

He peeked at her and studied her graceful features, quietly adoring her beauty.

The Fatui found comfort in her presence, somehow feeling relieved whenever he heard that she was safe.

He knew that he shouldn't get attached to her.
He knew that he couldn't get attached to her.

But as they walked through a small forest with chirping birds, he couldn't help but enjoy her company a little bit.

He could finally relax and stop thinking about work and fighting all the time.

Even if it was just for a few hours.