chap. 29

short explanation:

as you know, (y/n) basically immobilized the ruin hunter by shooting one arrow. i don't know if you guys know this already, so i'll just tell you about it lol

whenever the ruin hunter shoots those fire balls, it's eye kind of starts to glow. as soon as this happens, you can shoot it (the eye) with an archer and tadaaa, the ruin hunter will fall on the ground and won't be able to move for the next few seconds. you don't even need someone strong for this, a lvl 10 amber will do it as well!

(y/n)'s grip around the bow slightly loosened, as soon as she saw the ruin hunter lying on the floor. A gentle breeze blew the dust away, that was caused by the creature.

She let out a small sigh, some hairstrands falling into her face, before dropping the wooden weapon onto the ground.

Childe blinked a few times and stared at her in awe, forgetting the stinging pain for a split second.

His mouth had slightly opened, when she used his bow in such a precise way; the Fatui didn't expect her to know how to use bow and arrow.

A low chuckle escaped him, as he realized that he still didn't know much about the female.

He closed his eyes, leaning against a rock as his breath slowly went back to normal. (y/n) glanced at him, worry suddenly washing over her face as she spotted his wounds.

His left hand, that was already injured before, was twisted in a weird angle; she grimaced, shivers running down her spine as she recalled the sound of his bone cracking.

One of the fire balls also struck Childe's leg, his skin slowly turning into a red tone where it hit him.

Their eyes locked for a moment, before (y/n) broke the eye contact, to kneel down and carefully touch his injured wrist. His piercing gaze closely observed her movements as she stood up again, gently brushing the dirt off her clothes.

Childe averted his gaze to the sky when he felt the sudden touch of raindrops on his face. Clouds covered the sun as the small raindrops continued to fall from the sky, leaving wet stains on the ground.

A relieved sigh escaped his lips, as he felt the cool water touch his burn. His orange hair fell over his face, slightly covering his sight.

"We should get going. The ruin hunter is not dead yet, you know", (y/n) pulled him out of his thoughts, a short laugh escaping her lips as she saw his stunned expression.

With an exhausted groan, Childe let himself fall into a chair in the pharmacy. His clothes were soaked from the rain and the pain from his broken bone just intensified as time passed.

(y/n) passed him a towel to dry his hair, which he accepted with a thankful smile.

His gaze slowly wandered to his leg. Thanks to the rain, the wound didn't burn as much as it did earlier, making him sigh in relief.

(y/n) peeked at Childe, who was almost falling asleep, before making her way to the storage room, trying to find something to lessen his pain.

Qiqi was nowhere to be seen. The small girl should have already been back, since it was almost midnight; it happened quite often that she got lost, due to her bad memory.

With a small sigh (y/n) shook her head and continued to dig through the boxes, finding many dried plants and.. bandages. With a unsure look, she took them.

Qiqi would be able to heal the injuries within some minutes; but since the zombie was not in the pharmacy like normally, (y/n) tried her best to help the Harbinger.

When she stepped out of the storage room, quiet snoring caught her attention. Her eyes wandered to the Fatui.

Childe fell asleep on the chair, his mouth slightly opened as his chest slowly lifted whenever he breathed in. His red-painted mask dangled off the side of his head, his hair messily falling into his face.

A warm feeling spread through her body at the sight of the Fatui sleeping peacefully.

Moonlight shone through the windows of the pharmacy, lighting up his face.

With a short look to the bandages in her hands she sighed, before silently approaching the sleeping male.

He drooled a little, as he continued to snore quietly. She grinned at the sight and gently patted his shoulder, causing him to blink sleepily before letting out a tired sigh.

"We need to bandage your wound, before it becomes infected"