chap. 13

"Ah.. it feels so strange to be back in Liyue", Childe laughed as they walked through the gate of the capital of Liyue.

(y/n) nodded and smiled at the sight of the night life of Liyue Harbor. In Mondstadt it was rather quiet at night and busier during the day, but in Liyue it was the exact opposite. It was already around 11pm.

"Do you know where Zhongli could be?", the male shook his head and answered with a laugh. "He's probably taking a stroll around the city. I really wonder how he manages to survive without any Mora.."

The female agreed with a chuckle. They crossed a wooden bridge and watched as older people chattered happily.

Suddenly, a Fatui Agent approached the two of them with a serious expression on his face.

"Sir, you are late". Childe sighed and gently rubbed his temples. "My apologies. I will be at the Northland Bank in a minute, just give me a moment", he excused himself and turned his attention back towards (y/n).

He smiled at the girl, making her slightly tilt her head.

"I guess this is Goodbye for now. Thank you for letting me go with you", he said firmly. (y/n) giggled quietly and passed him a closed-eye smile. He slightly covered his face with his right hand and tried to hide his smile.

"This is for you, by the way. I figured that you'll need it just as much as Mr. Zhongli", he continued after a moment and casually dropped a bag of Mora into the females hands.

She hesitantly stared at him in awe. "Thank you, Childe. I will make sure to repay you one day".

She chuckled to herself, knowing that she'll never be able to repay the Harbinger. After all, she was just as broke as Zhongli and not planning on working.

He started laughing and waved his hand. "There's really no need to", he smiled, after hearing what (y/n) said. He silently repeated her words in his head.

".. will make sure to repay you one day"

She basically declared that they will meet again, wich made the Gingerhead grin widely.

Somebody cleared his throat awkwardly, causing Childe to look to his side with furrowed brows.

"I don't like to interrupt you, but you should hurry up, Sir", the Fatui Agent said warningly and glanced at (y/n). Childe sighed in defeat and passed the girl a last smile.

"We'll meet again"

As soon as Childe and the Agent left (y/n)'s sight, she let out a relieved sigh. She was happy to finally spend time with her friend Zhongli.

A deep voice appeared behind her. "(y/n), you're back", the girl immediately turned around with a warm smile to meet amber eyes wich glowed brighter than the Xiao Lanterns that were floating in the night sky.

"Yes. What a coincidence to meet you here. I was just about to look for you", she answered and giggled. "Hello. How about we walk around for a bit? I'm sure Mondstadt was exiting", Zhongli suggested and gestured towards Liyue Harbor.

"Sure", the female agreed and followed the Geo Archon as they walked along the street.

"..I think that Barbatos will attend the Lantern Rite at the last day", (y/n) explained after telling Zhongli about her stay in Mondstadt with Childe.

"I genuinely hope that he doesn't", the tall male answered without hesitation, causing the girl to chuckle. The Archon didn't even deny his dislike towards the small bard.

Many shops were still open, some of them selling food, while the others were selling souvenirs from Liyue.

(y/n) noticed how Zhongli curiously glanced at a flower shop, making her chuckle. A few seconds later, she softly pulled the man towards the shop.

As they came closer, the Geo Archon silently gazed at the flowers with admiration, gently tracing his fingers along their beautiful petals.

(y/n) noticed his look and dozed off for a moment before an idea popped into her mind, causing her eyes to light up.

"How about we go pick up some flowers in the next few days? It's much easier than buying them", she requested, causing Zhongli to stare at her with a surprised glance, wich quickly turned into an amused one.

Two gods, who were more than 6000 years old and fought in the famous Archon War, going flower picking? He let out a short laugh.

"I don't see a problem with that", the girl beamed at his response, feeling exited to do something with her beloved friend.

Time passed much faster on Mt. Nagoya, where she spent most of her time alone. Because of that, she rarely visited her friends.

Zhongli enjoyed the girls company, just like every other creature. It was hard to describe her, apart from her looks that is. In his eyes, she had an understanding and warm personality, but seemed quite distant to strangers or 'not so close' friends.

Apart from the human culture, he'd even dare to say that she knew more about the world than he did, since she spent more than hundreds of years with traveling around Tevyat before settling down with the other Adepti.

A small hum interrupted his thoughts, causing him to turn away from the variety of flowers.

"I think we should visit Qiqi again. I'm sure that Baizhu would be happy if we could lend him a hand", (y/n) suggested and stared at the Archon with her bright eyes.

Zhongli smiled gently and nodded. At this point he didn't really care what they were going to do, as long as he could spend time with his old friend.

"Well, let's go to Bubu Pharmacy tomorrow. Is there anything you want to do?".

The Archon hesitated for a moment and shook his head a few seconds after. "We can do whatever you want to do. I guess that you are not going to sleep?", earning a short nod as confirmation in response.

"Let's just keep going then"