bonus chapter

many years later

"(y/n).. you said that we will look for cocogoat before we go to the festival", a quiet voice caught the females attention, causing her gaze to wander down to a small zombie.

Qiqi gently pulled her clothing, her round eyes slightly sparkling as she stared at the taller woman.

It was early in the morning, the gentle sound of birds chirping filled the air. Snowflakes fell from the clouded sky, slowly covering the landscape in front of the two into a white coat.

(y/n)'s lips tugged into a small smile before she took the smaller girls hand, feeling cold fingertips against her own.

"Of course, Qiqi. How about we bring some flowers to Teucer first before we go?". As she spoke the warm words, Qiqi's grip on her hand slightly tightened before she slowly nodded in agreement.

Together they walked along a familiar path, a gentle breeze causing the snowflakes to swirl around on their way.

Qiqi's gaze was fixed on the floor, as she held onto the other girls arm. In her free hand she held a bunch of fresh picked glaze lilies, their blue petals were slightly sparkling in the sunlight.

They continued their way in a comfortable silence, enjoying their time together.

Baizhu had passed away several years ago, due to his illness. He spent his last moments with his little zombie, who didn't quite understand what was happening back then. (y/n) helped Qiqi to write down Baizhu's name after his small funeral, so that she can remember him after his death.

Her own friends, Aito and Hina, died not too soon after. She quietly sighed to herself at the memory of their lifeless faces.

After thinking about her dead friends, her mind automatically wandered to the familiar Harbinger. She still remembered his cheerful smile and his proud voice when he talked about his family.

There was something about him, she couldn't quite forget.

A quiet hum escaped her lips, when two familiar stones came into sight.

gravestones.

As they came closer, the inscriptions on the rocks were easier to read. A little moss covered the top of the stones, with small waterdrops shimmering in the sun.

The smaller one had Teucer's name in it, while the bigger one had Childe's name engraved. Qiqi slowly placed the glaze lilies in front of their gravestones, before turning around to look at (y/n) with her innocent eyes.

The older female kneeled down, a gentle smile playing along her lips as she observed the flowers.

This was the place where he died.

She clearly remembered his desperate eyes, his screams as he tried to save his little brother.

And lastly, when he lied in her arms, warmth slowly leaving his body as every breath of life slowly disappeared.

Teucer survived, traumatized by the sight of his brothers death.

"It was my fault, wasn't it? It's all my fault"

(y/n) felt bad for the young boy, as she had listened to his quiet cries. Later on, Teucer also passed away. She decided it would be the best, to bury him next to his big brother and now, here they were.