chapter twenty nine

j u n g k o o k

Her small hand formed into a fist as she started to knock on the counter slowly. Her head hanged low, as I heard sobs coming from her mouth. I could see tears falling down so quickly.

I shouldn't have talked, I should've just went back to my room.

But I can't leave her like this. Only god knows why I'm acting like this.

I walked to her side and grabbed her head, putting it on my chest. Quickly wrapping my hands around her, I made sure she heard my heartbeat. I want to show her how fast it goes for her.

"Get off of me," She begged, trying to push me off with the small energy she still had. "Don't touch me."

"I'm sorry for everything I did. I didn't know you had a rough past since we barely talk. Our relationship is going like a rollercoaster. I don't like when people don't remember the important things they've said. I don't know why you hid the fact you liked me and I'm still thinking about it. God, I never wanted to hurt you or even touch you because you looked so fragile in my hands. It looked like you could break if I did the slightest move on you. I've never met anyone like you in my entire life. Maybe because you looked like a gem to me, so precious and rare. I couldn't give up on you. Also, I'm been really jealous of Taehyung. I fucking hate to admit that I'm jealous but this time I have to tell it to you. That's why it was a little rough when he's with you. I can't help but to bring you to close to me and to show you that I'm always here for you. Even though I work always. Okay, I'm blabbering a lot... All I want to say is I love you so much and I would do anything to protect you. Even if it cost my life. Even if I had to go through hell, I would do anything for you."

"Then what about the stupid confession you said to the her? You fucked her after all you did."

"I was so drunk that I thought I was doing love with you. I saw your face, your gestures. It felt so much like you, I'm sorry. You don't have to forgive me, I was stupid to even go out that night and bring some woman."

"Okay, I understand if you were drunk. We weren't together. But it felt like you cheated on me, somehow."

"I felt the same. I shouldn't have done that. God, I'm so sorry, Y/n."

She looks up to me with gloomy eyes. She looked like a lost puppy for a second. Her chin against my chest, I felt my adrenaline going through my body. I couldn't handle this side of cuteness. I feel like I'm going red in any moment.

"I'm scared. What if something happens to me or to you? I know I'm being selfish, but I'm scared."

I kissed the crown of her head as she closed her eyes, squishing her face in my chest. "Nothing will happen to you, Princess. I promise that to you."

Taking the pack of matches, I shook it beside her ears to grab her attention. She lets go of me, glancing up to me.

"We should probably eat the cupcake and make a wish."

She nods, placing another candle inside of the cupcake. I didn't bother saying anything because she knew it was my birthday. It's even more exciting when our relationship is official on my birthday. An anniversary and our birthday on the same day. This is the best thing I could receive.

She lits up the candles, wrapping her hand around mine. She smiles as her eyes squinted at the same time. She looks awfully tired. I sure gave her a hard time.

We counted to three as we intensely stared at each other. Then, we blew the candles. She closed her eyes, squeezing my hand as she thought of a wish. I did the same immediately.

I don't really know what to wish for. I have everything, why ask more? Her presence and support is enough for me.

Smiling to myself, I have this urge to open my eyes and just stare at her. Nothing but to stare. I don't want to talk and just feel each other's feelings.

"Take off your coat," She said, helping me to take my coat. She placed it on her thighs, grabbing the cupcake and showing it to me.

"Take a bite." I took a huge bite, wanting to eat it since she made it for her. Chewing it slowly, so I could taste the flavour, she waits for me to say something.

Grabbing the cupcake, I told her to take a bite. She gladly did. Closing her eyes, she frowns and chewing her dessert in a teasing way. Placing the food down, I grabbed her neck and kissed her. Not caring that she's still eating. Her eyes open in shock and embarrassment.

I couldn't just wait here and just look at her. I needed to kiss her so badly.

"The cupcake is delicious," I said, leaning on my shoulder. She blushed, shaking her head in denial.

We continued talking, more like she started to talk. I couldn't barely focus on what she's saying, I was too concentrated at looking at her, admiring her. I missed so many details on her personality, beauty and everything.

We ended sitting on the sofa, continuing our talk. She was the one who dragged me there, thinking that I was uncomfortable on the seat. I couldn't trace the time. I wouldn't care if I was late on my schedule. I just want to enjoy this moment.

It was dark, both of us couldn't see each other's faces. It was better this way, since the girl in front of me is so shy to express her feelings. She always hid her face from me. Like she was scared to be happy.

Surprisingly, we were cuddling. Her whole body in between my legs, and my arms around her body. Legs are tangled and I just listen to her voice, vibrating the living room.

Then, I felt myself getting tired at the seconds passing by. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't. My eyelids started to get heavier and my head started to feel heavy. And then, I closed my eyes, listening nothing but her confession.

"I love you, kook."