chapter thirty

y / n

"What the hell happened yesterday night?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"They're obviously together."

"Even if they're together, what happened to their so called silent treatment? They were fighting, ignoring and then fighting... ignoring."

Moving my head to the side, I slightly opened my eyes to see everyone looking at us. They were talking nonstop, but one of them was looking away from me. He was looking at the view, crossing his arms. Like he was part of the gossip, but wasn't so interested in it.

I realized that Jungkook was sleeping on me, hugging me like I was a pillow. His head squished between my breasts. I feel my cheeks rising up so quickly. But I was too tired to do anything. They knew we were together, what's the point to deny it and to let go of him.

It was so awkward to feel all of this gazes, I just wanted to say get out or go do something else, instead of looking at us.

"Good morning, Y/n. Mind if I help you get out of there?"

Looking down to see his face comfortably placed on me, I really didn't want to get up, but I was uncomfortable.

"Good morning, Hoseok. Yes, please help me."

He takes both of my arms, pulling me out of the couch. I feel the warmth getting off of my body. Jungkook's head just flopped on the couch and continued to sleep. He's the one who needs a lot of rest.

I stand beside his friends. Everyone left one by one, like the gossip is done. I was left alone with Taehyung. He wasn't really in the mood to talk by how I look at him.

"Together?"

"Yeah."

"Such a surprise. On his birthday."

On mine too.

Why can't I say it? I glanced up to look at him. He was intensely staring at Jungkook who was peacefully sleeping like a baby. Not only I saw tears welling in his eyes but pain.

"Taehyung, I-"

"Congratulations, I'm happy for you guys," He says with a small smile on his face. I frowned, wanting to hold his hands but he backed away. "Really. You should wake up your boyfriend before he goes late to work."

After saying that, he leaves while wiping the corner of his eyes. I don't want to make assumptions and just say that he likes me. This is so confusing. He didn't even say anything but his actions told me clearly that he liked me.

No, he wouldn't like me. Maybe he was playing with me. But he was too sweet to be playing. He deserves another woman.

I crouched down, as my hands unintentionally moved on its own. Brushing his back to see his face, I get to see his face up close without him saying anything. He had an innocent and peaceful face. Such a hardworking man, he deserves a good rest.

Shaking his body slightly, I tried to wake him up like I wake up Jisung. Nice and slow. No rush. I don't know if it'll ever work on a man.

The more I look at him, the more I want to kiss him. On his cheek, nose, forehead, ears, just to show him how much I love him. But it will be embarrassing if I did that while he looks at me. Maybe I should do it now and scramble my way out without him saying anything.

Sitting on my feet, I moved closer to him. I was two centimetres away to kiss his way when I realized I didn't brush my teeth.

Holy moly! My bad breath on his cheek. What if he smells that?

I got up on my feet, glancing at him once before leaving the hall. Then, I almost fell backwards. It felt like a slow motion. It went so slowly that I was in total shock to even react.

"Where are you going?" He whispered against my ear, as his breath fanned on my neck. He doesn't stink, what the hell? He's not human, he must've brushed his teeth and came back to sleep with me.

"Brush my teeth," I said, covering my mouth with my hand.

He hummed, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, putting my chin on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a while, but I always felt that someone is watching me from the corner. There's other people in the house but this time it felt like so weird.

Shaking my head to get rid of these thoughts, Jungkook lets me go as I did the same. He smiled before helping me getting off of him.

We walked together towards our room. Our fingers touched, I had the urge to hold his hands but I don't have the guts to do that.

When we stand in front of our rooms, we looked at each other. But one thing for sure is that Jungkook didn't looked at me boringly this time, he was looking at me with love. He smiled more in yesterday night and this morning. He's so cute. Wish I could just say it.

"Well, I'll meet you at breakfast."

"Wait," He said, before grasping my nape and pulling me for a kiss. He stared at me before pecking my lips once again.

Pushing him away, I entered the room as I hear his chuckle. I felt my heart pumping so quickly that I was ready to jump in happiness. He isn't such a bad guy after all. People don't know him, they're all making rumours about him.

Getting out of my personal bubble, I realized that I had to give a call for Chungha. And that's what I did, I just hope that she isn't occupied at this moment.

The ring went and I heard her voice.

"Happy birthday, Y/n. You're 23, my cute little baby."

"You're 24."

"... Anyways. Can we meet up? Like, girl, I just want to get out of here. I hate working, I want to spend some money and do that for the rest of my life."

"I can ask..."

"Do that. Also," She whispered. "You can ask Jungkook to get me out of here."

"What the hell? You're mcbrazjy (crazy)," I said, brushing my teeth and looking at the mirror.

"Girl, that man is our jackpot. He has power and literally so scary. Just for one day, get me out of this hell, this madness, this painful sorrow. I might as well just die here, single, alone. You're going to leave me here, Y/n? You're going to visit the world without me?—"

"Fine, I'll ask," I said loud and clear. Splashing the water on my face, I head Chungha screaming. She kept saying she was excited and happy. I was happy too, just imagine if Jungkook just saying a straight ass no to me. I would laugh and just slap him.

Joking. I could never do such thing to a fine man.

She cuts the call, while I think about what's going to happen today.