A Chess Match

It was a bright Monday morning. Kiyotaka had just awoken from his deep sleep. He laid in his bed, thinking for a minute. He had just confessed to Sakayanagi yesterday, and to his surprise, she accepted.

Of course, this was a secret relationship. There's 0 way they would've been able to go public with their relationship as they were in two different classes. However, this did not stop them from becoming a legitimate couple.

Sakayanagi had longed to become close to Kiyotaka in almost anyway, whether it be a friend or a girlfriend, it didn't matter to her. As long as she could teach him the affection he had been deprived from for years, she'd be happy.

Kiyotaka, being the curious person that he was, decided to let Sakayanagi be his mentor. And when he did learn human warmth, he hoped to be able to stay by her side.

Finally getting out of his train of thought, Kiyotaka gets up from his bed and immediately heads for the shower to get the day started. After getting out of the shower, he gets a text from Horikita, asking to discuss the new special exam before he gets to class. Sighing, Kiyotaka responds and says he will be there.

For breakfast he decides to make something the Internet had taught him a few days ago. It was called an omelet. It was something Kiyotaka had found on the internet that was a renowned breakfast in America. Kiyotaka gathers the ingredients, and gets started, with his computer beside him.

Time Skip~

Kiyotaka had finished the omelet, and decided to drink some coffee to get him energized for the day. He had scarfed it down quickly, leaving only a few crumbs on his plate and a drop of coffee in his cup. He quickly got dressed for school, getting his bag, and heads out the door.

The hallway was quiet, with only a few people in there. Considering that Kiyotaka wakes up at an early time, it was expected for the hallways to be barren. He decides to go onto the elevator, only to run into someone he did not expect.

Sakayanagi.

"Greetings, Arisu."

"Likewise, Kiyotaka."

They continued this small talk on the ride down, talking about their school life and other things. When the elevator had reached it's destination, they continued their walk to the school, the small talk looking like it would never end. Sadly, they had to split off before they walked into the school, but not before Sakayanagi gave him a peck on the cheek. Kiyotaka felt his cheek, but showed no sign of emotion as usual.

Sakayanagi saw this, and promised herself to make Kiyotaka smile eventually. They had split off, Sakayanagi heading to Class A, while Kiyotaka goes to the side of the school to talk to Horikita.

"Yo." Kiyotaka said.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji." Horikita replied.

"So what is this exam about? You seem frustrated."

"Well...." Horikita started.

As she explained the test, it came down to this:

                                                             Chess Tournament

Basic Chess tournament, one participant from each class will be chosen to play for their class. A will go against B in the first round, and C and D will face off. The winners will go onto the next round, while the losers will fight for 3rd place. here is the point distribution.

1st Place: 50 class points, along with 500,000 private points.

2nd Place: 25 class points, along with 250,000 private points.