Glass (Preview)

A brown haired boy sat in a room, with white walls surrounding him. He was seated at a desk, in front of a window. There was a hole at the bottom of it, where a chessboard sat. He was on the black side of the chessboard, and his opponent would be on the other.

On the other side, there was a lilac haired girl with a cane at her side. She sat on the white side of the chessboard, a smile apparent on her face. This was a match she looked forward to, due to her father mentioning a challenging opponent.

She took the first move, and he followed. The game was a bloodbath, any piece being sacrificed for the best chance to win. However, in the end, the brown haired boy came out on top. The lilac haired girl was surprised, to say the least. Not even chess grandmasters could stand a chance against her, but yet this boy had beat her by an overwhelming amount.

This was another match for the boy, however for the girl, this would be the start of a one sided friendship. She begged for her father to let her come back, and he obliged. Every week, she came back, attempting to beat the boy. She lost every time, but was still happy to play him.

There was one thing she wasn't happy with however, and that was not being able to see the boy's face. She had dreamt of it, but had never seen it before.

Today, that would change.

The glass now had a open space in the middle of it, where both players could see each other. She sat down excitedly, and waited for the boy. Whenever there was a noise, her eyes would dart from left to right, searching for him. Eventually, he appeared, taking a seat in front of her.

His brown hair complemented his hazel brown eyes, and his relaxed position gave a sense of authority. The girl's excitement at this point could not be contained, and she was filled with joy from seeing his face. Her eyes scanned every part of him, from his face to his chest.

"Hello, My name is Arisu Sakayanagi. What's yours?" She asked, moving her first pawn.

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. Nice to meet you." He said, starting his defense.

They continued to play, the clacks of the pieces hitting the chessboard filling the room. The two fought ferociously, with not a single piece being spared.

But yet again, Ayanokouji had won.

"That was a good match, Ayanokouji." She said, standing up.

"I could say the same to you, Sakayanagi." He said, shaking her hand. Sakayanagi walked off, her mind swirling. She had finally seen the boy's face she had been dreaming of seeing for years, and now she couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Did you have a good time, sweetie?" Her father asked.

"Yes father, I had a very good time. Can I come back next week?" She said, using her puppy eyes.

"Sure, why not."

Unfortunately, she would never get to go back as she wanted.

This is a preview, because I don't have enough time to write. I think I'll do this more often, but probably on my second account. ahem, shameless plug:  warpedalt 

Also, before you roast my writing to bits this is a very old oneshot that I did, and I haven't completely looked it over.

That's all, I'll see you guys later.

-lazy virgin senpai