Kiyotaka's Backstory: REMASTERED (1)

So I was just looking at my old oneshots, reading old comments and cringing at my writing when I started to read New Things, which is technically Kiyotaka's backstory for Protagonist.

And holy shit is it garbage.

Unoriginal ideas everywhere, literally used the same Shizuku backstory everyone used, it was quite literally a nightmare. I'm tempted to delete it all, but I'll let you guys cringe with me.

Anyway, some new ideas will be presented here, and hopefully the story will be better than whatever the fuck "New Things" was.

Instead of reactions, I'm just going to write the story as-is, so I don't have to go through the process of making the same reactions over and over again.

I hope you enjoy!

A boy opened his eyes to a white room, doctors scrambling back and forth around him. He had just been born into this world, filled with curiosity. In fact, as soon as he was born, he was already inching to get out of his mother's arms.

A doctor walked up to the boy's mother and asked; "What will you name him?"

She looked at the father, and he looked at her.

The mother stared into her son's hazel brown eyes, and answered:

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji."

With these few words, the boy would be given a name, one that would change other people's lives, for the better, or for the worse.

4 years later

Kiyotaka was playing in his room with a toy train after a long day at school. He had a lot of them, but preferred a blue one that made a loud noise whenever a button was pressed. He clap and giggle like a baby every single time.

"Choo, choo! Coming through!" Kiyotaka said, pushing the train along the tracks. The train zoomed across the tracks, hitting other trains to the side as it went on it's path of terror.

Kiyotaka looked at the clock and figured out it was 6:00 PM, meaning that he could watch cartoons now. His parents really wanted him to focus on education rather than cartoons, but let him watch it from 6:00 PM and after, so he doesn't get too bored.

He rushed into the living room, and grabbed the remote. Kiyotaka clicked through the channels, until he made his way onto the cartoon channel. They were showing Sailor Moon, a show that most of the boys would say was "for girls", but Kiyotaka enjoyed it a lot.

The boy watched attentively as high school girls transformed into heroes saving the world from multiple villains. 

Until he heard screaming.

He assumed it was from the TV, so he tried turning the volume down, but the screaming only got louder.

"Ugh, your unbelievable! This is our child you're talking about, not a lab rat!" Kiyotaka knew exactly who was screaming and why. It was his mother, and she had probably found out about the thing Kiyotaka's father did to him.

Basically, yesterday Kiyotaka's father brought a pointy thing home, and asked Kiyotaka to stay still. He then injected something into Kiyotaka, hoping for something to happen. And nothing happened. Luckily, there was nothing bad injected into him, but his father was still disappointed with the result.

He consulted his assistant at the office about the syringe, and Kiyotaka's mom had caught him in the act. Kiyotaka's dad had a history of doing experiments on Kiyotaka, none of them working. 

And now, here we are.

"I know! It was one experiment, that's all!" Kiyotaka's dad exclaimed. Kiyotaka shut off the TV, and listened closely.