27

Iris woke up at the hospital. She was alone in her room with the curtains closed. Her eyes hurt a bit, even with the lights dimmed and the sun blocked off. She touched the back of her head. It was well taken care off and bandaged. The room itself was quiet and refreshing, there was only some light music playing in the background.

I guess it's over now, huh. I wonder how the others are doing. Did Bakugou make it out safely?

A doctor entered the room with a file. "Hello, Ms Morningstar, it's nice to meet you. I am the doctor who has been checking in on you."

"Thank you very much for taking care of me."

"You're very welcome. How do you feel?"

"Well, my eyes hurt a bit from the light, and my vision is slightly blurry, but other than that I'm fine."

"That's good to hear. As for your eyes..." He took out an xray from his file. "The damage you got affected the back part of your brain. As you probably know, that is connected to the eyes, so you will need glasses."

"Oh, how bad is it?"

"It's not too bad. You were pretty lucky. What amazed me was the effects of the injury."

"Why, what did it do?"

"The shock you received must have gotten through the entire brain. It then somehow broke a limiter you gave had for a while now. It should allow you to use even more of your quirk now, easily. Cases like this, you don't see every day. I'm glad to have experienced it!"

"That's...great to hear, doctor! Now I can create more moves! Sir, do you mind me asking, if you did an operation on my head, how did my hair grow back so quickly?"

"Indeed you can. Oh, and that? There's a nurse over here that can regrow hair, she's very nice. By the way, you have a few visitors for you. I will leave you to it, please take some rest, If you need anything, please alert the nurses. Have a nice day, Iris."

"I see. Thank you, to you as well~"

As he left the room, Mr Aizawa and Principal Nezu replaced him. Iris tried to fix herself and get up to greet them. "No need to stand up, Ms Morningstar! You need some rest! Thank goodness you're alright."

"Thank you very much for visiting me, I appreciate it. May I know how the rest of my class is? How is Bakugou? Is he alright? Did he escape with the heroes safely?"

"The class is outside waiting to see you. As for Bakugou, he's okay. He's outside as well. I think your classmates will explain exactly what happened." answered Mr Aizawa.

"Oh, thank God."

"Ms Morningstar, we actually here to tell you that once you are discharged, you cannot be alone for the next few days, until further information."

"Uhm, sir, I live alone."

"So we've heard. Bakugou's family has offered to take you in for now, it seems like he knew you were alone. How nice!"

Bakugou? Taking me...to his house? Why me?

"Anyway, we must take our leave. Please, take time to heal and feel better!"

"Thank you, Principal, Mr Aizawa!" She gave a polite bow as they left.

Seconds later, most of the class came rushing in to see Iris. It was a bit too convenient that the teachers and the students came a few minutes after she awoke, but no one cared.

"Iris, oh my god you're okay! I'm so happy to see you!" Mina and the other girls gave her a comforting group hug, that lasted for a good minute.

"Iris, glad to see that you're alright! We heard about what you did at camp, very manly of you!"