Ch-8: One a.m on a rainy night

Liam's POV

Liam

dude...I think i found him..

Mason

Who?

Liam

the piece of cloth that Theo gave to us that day?

Mason

Please don't start talking about this stuff again..we literally have exams..

Liam

this same guy..His scent was the same as that of the cloth. he kept coming back in front of my house...in front of Mrs. Jones House...but I didn't chase him or ask him anything, but I don't know why he keeps showing up..

Mason

LIAMM!! LET ME STUDY!!

Liam

Man...I'm Confused 

Mason

 About what?

Liam 

idk...I was wondering about how Theo came across these guys. 

Mason 

LIAM! Seriously? You are gonna start this again??? 

Liam 

You were there with me at the hospital, right? Did his words sound honest enough to you?

Mason

Here we go...AGAIN!!!

Liam

Look...I need your help, Okay? Usually, I am not the one who's a walking encyclopedia on these matters.

Mason

typing...

Liam

What the hell is taking u so long to type?

Mason

Dude...We agreed to stay out of it right? at least.... on our final year of high school? I mean...I get it. It's the right thing to do. It always was. But you know, sometimes some things should be left on to those who are responsible for it. For this instance...the police. You get that, right?

Liam

Fine, then. I won't need your help.🙄

Mason

As much as I hate to confess that you suck in blackmailing,😒 I'm down. so, what do we do now?

Liam

I'll give you a call soon. Until then...Good luck for exams and bye 👻

Mason

Got it...Good luck to you too! Bye

It was almost 1 a.m. 

One hour past midnight. 

I turned off the screen and put down the phone on my study table, after exhaling. I was sitting hopelessly on the chair, knowing that I couldn't digest less than half of my history syllabus, based on which was a test that would be conducted within less than one week from that day. 

On my left, Alec was enjoying a blissful sleep of a rainy night, on the bed. I hope he was...because I didn't want him to be involved in this mess. 

Actually, I didn't even want Mason on this mess, as I promised him and myself, to stay out of this for some time.  I was confused if I had made a good decision about Alec staying at this house. After all, it was for the sole purpose of his well-being. 

I didn't inform Mason or anyone else about that either, but I felt terrible that I had to lie to Mason for the reasons of staying at Mrs. Jones' house.

I was indeed grateful to Mrs. Jones for that empty garage too because I had to chain and lock up Alec on the full moon nights, as he was still in the learning process of being a full-fledged werewolf

Convincing Mrs. Jones about werewolf howls and loud sounds, coming from the garage was weirdly funny. We had to tell her that Alec was preparing for his upcoming non-existent wrestling match, which, of course, was never gonna happen, and that he used music that had werewolf howls, for his motivation, which, again sounded extremely weird and unusually dumb and funny. 

But that didn't seem to raise any suspicions from Mrs. Jones' side. She genuinely didn't care what we did there.

I was really confused and unsure of what Alec was turning into. Despite our normal transformations of a humanoid werewolf, his form looked a little scarier, more gigantic and monstrous, on every full moon night. 

I didn't know if he was actually different or was it just me, but I pretended that everything was normal so that Alec would soon learn to cope with his alter ego. 

I felt incredibly uncomfortable and confused about every decision of my life. That was a little less when I had Scott by my side. His presence alone was able to bring confidence and faith in me but since he left the town for his studies, I felt lost and alone sometimes. 

I wondered what he would've done if he was in my place.

When I was about to turn down my head back to those fat-ass history books, a sudden flickering of light, from outside the window, disturbed my senses. 

Distracted by its constant flickering, I looked through the window. It was coming from Amy's house. 

Yeah, Amy was my neighbor. Sure, we were set partners for a History project but I never had to go to her house. Usually, she was the one, who came here. In the past few months, we really did become good friends.

The flickering soon transformed into bright flashes that came in intervals. I was confused. I started standing up to my feet when I heard a dull scream. 

The scream sounded like it was compressed. Like the sounds wanted to travel far away but they were intentionally forced back in. 

My eyes widened, and I took no chances to stay back where I was. I grabbed my jacket from the hanger and ran.

***