Ch-5: Friends or Enemies? Part-(1)

"Days that cannot bring you near
or will not,
Distance trying to appear
something more obstinate,
argue argue argue with me endlessly
neither proving you less wanted nor less dear."

***

(PART-1)

Initially, there was fear against the supernatural, then there was love for the supernatural, but when that love was beyond limits, it would turn into annoyance. Since it was revealed to everyone in the town that werewolves and other supernatural exist, people came to terms with it after some time.  

That was the case with Liam Dunbar. 

After people came to know that he was one of the real heroes of the story in beacon hills, not only did he have younger fans who wanted his mentorship, but also he had a lot of girls who were running behind him for a chance in getting into a relationship with him. 

But was it love? or, was it just wanting to get attention?

It did start to get annoying for Liam. One girl called Amber kept stalking him for months, even though Liam showed signs that he wasn't interested. 

On a regular day in high school, a terrible argument sparked between Amber and her group of friends, and her friends started calling her a loser, for not being able to hook up with Liam. 

All of these were taking place in the school hallways, The Beacon Hills School Hallways, the one that had the greatest of echos, and within it, people were all cheeseball tap-dancers, the one that was light and bright, even upon the stormy days it's grand windows let in a bouquet of rays.

Amber's friends kept saying that she was just another 'subject', which Liam didn't even give a shit about. The moment they said that it hurt her sentiment. 

Jealousy is often an expression of insecurity and thus its fixing requires internal reflection and addressing matters of self-esteem. Amber was in a place that hurt her self-esteem. Her friends started saying whatever they wanted, that she's ego blind. It's a thing. 

They could only decode what suited their own primitive sense of self-worth, everything else flew over their heads.  

She tried feeding her ego and ran over to Liam with her friends running behind her like social media reporters.

***

Amy's POV

Failure is the reset, a do-over, a chance to fix what needs fixing and set sail once more. I was trapped in the cycle of fear, failure, and embarrassment for so long that I lost faith that there was a world beyond the walls. Beyond the walls of my dimension..the Ember realm.

I was a failure in my dimension, I was not eligible to be classified as a 'mage', as my other friends were, once they were done with the S.O.S.

Wait.... you don't know what that means? 

It stands for School of sorcery, we were taught from thousands of scrolls left by our ancestors, we were trained in magical powers, levitation, future seeking rituals, and much more stuff than we were accustomed to in our whole life. 

According to my superiors I had to come to this dimension, the dimension of Nemeton which was full of humans, and secretly full of werewolves, wendigos, banshees, kitsunes, and much more supernatural creatures. I was assigned the task to warn the people here about the arrival of war. The war with the Achylis, the demon herself. Once her rising would be done, she would soon free herself from her old vessel and kill every supernatural being, especially werewolves, her ancient rival, her lifelong enemy.