Ch-26: Way to Sherrif's station

Stiles's POV

So, Theo gave us the torn piece of cloth, that he claimed to be from one of Monroe's workers. If he really did get in a fight with them, and their so-called upgraded weapons injured him to this extent, then it was quite straightforward that he was being honest.

But after all, we didn't know what's going on in his mind. What if he had planned all of these against us before a long time, What's he after this time? Alpha status? oh wait...he's a chimera. Oh Lord, please shut up stiles. Shut up!

I was confused to point out what was nastier.

The thousands of fanatical theories intertwingled in my mind? Those horrifying looks from Lydia, for not talking to her? Was it the usual wolfy crap, that I thought, was never gonna happen since I joined the Law enforcement college? or was it the fact that it was weird that I and Malia were in the back seat, while Scott and Lydia were in the front?

I wasn't sure, but I was surely willing not to find out because until then, we needed to save each other's asses from getting arrested.

Asking Lydia about her premonition wouldn't be as smooth as it sounded. We had bigger problems to deal with.. and yes, I think if it was that serious Lydia would have told us anyways. But I was still confused by her expressions, did she avoid the subject of her premonition because it wasn't that important enough, or was she trying to hide something from us?...or from me?

I was proud to see Scott get fluent with my jeep...well..technically his jeep. I mean, the way he cautiously handled the steering and the gears were absolutely amazing. Yeah, I still remembered the millions of times we got into fights and broke that gear handle.

There was complete silence in the car.

Well, apart from inside my head, of course.

But that was extremely uncomfortable, as even taking or letting out a breathe made me feel like I was a lunatic.

Surprisingly, the ability to resist the urge of speaking up at that time came from the motivation of seeing Malia with her eyebrows furrowed, and the side of her head supported by her arm. Clearly, something was up to her, this wasn't the same person who I had known before.

When I was at the peak of dying out of mental suffocation and claustrophobia, I felt the Scott hit the brakes as the jeep made a stop near the Sheriff's station.

I took a glance through my side window, 'BEACON COUNTY SHERIFF STATION', those big brown letters were the exact same like they were before. No change in those barely noticeable scratches at the letter 'C', The two dim lights on either side of the words made a dull yellowish tint, as if they were almost running out of breathe like I was, just a few seconds back.

"Alright, if that asshole's still sitting in there seeking vengeance, then we gotta have our back up, Sad part is we have to go inside the Sherriff's station knowingly. I mean this could all be a set up..who knows? But it's the safest place we got because, in this time or hour, anyone could be ready to blow our brains out..." I spoke out, throwing all of my insecurities back at wherever they were, and breaking the super cringy silence that was prevalent in our atmosphere.

"This doesn't make sense, does he even have any evidence?" Lydia turned her head back towards us, with her long waves of straight strawberry blonde hair rushing towards her back.

I do hate saying filmy lines, but just having a glimpse, at her perfectly symmetrical face, sculptured eyebrows and baby pink lips made me say that every time I looked at her, it did make me feel like I was looking at her, for the very first time.

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. She was not just beautiful from the outside, she had a heart of gold, and all of that meant the world to me. Lydia meant the world to me, she was like a precious stone that I would always love to keep an eye on for 24/7 days.

And I just wanted to hug her again, to let her know...to really let her know that I was...and always, will be there for her, no matter the situation, no matter the circumstances, no matter the consequences of it.

If only I could go back in time and change the things in the past...change those events inside the coffee shop in that afternoon...That day with Lydia was almost perfect, only if that fight didn't happen...I really didn't want it to happen.

But me taking down those guys was not just a moral lesson to them..it was more of my reflex from the FBI, I was working as an intern for the FBI..how could I just see a group of boys touching Lydia inappropriately and not do something about it? It was quick..it was instinctive but those boys totally deserved it. So I had mixed feelings about that event..I guess Lydia was still a little tetchy towards me for that.

"I hated him. He smelt....awfully terrible." Malia spoke out of context, instantly crushing down my thoughts on Lydia, like a garbage can.

Malia's words weren't made the center of attraction, as Scott started speaking, "Your dad can handle this right? I mean... unless they end up being locked up behind the bars."

"Okay, that was way too optimistic of you. First...he has no evidence..no crap...Second, he did attempt to point a gun at her, right?" I faced Malia, seeking an answer.

"Yeah, he did." She nodded, which aided my confidence.

"Third, we have Theo. He's still in the hospital, which gives us an edge over that guy somehow. The thing is... we have to be careful because the way things are going now maybe it isn't a part of our plan. Maybe it's theirs. So we're gonna have to keep our eyes and ears open if we wanna live in this game of bullets and sirens."

"I'm not so sure about us knowingly walking into the station.." Lydia uttered gloomily.

"Lydia..we have to go..we have to fix this..someone just filed an FIR against you and Malia, if the suspects don't come to the sheriff's station to defend themselves it's automatically raising more questions and suspicions.."

"Okay..okay..we're going.." She replied, still, with a glint of lament in her voice.

"So we go in...No one tries to do anything more stupid...Stiles will try to talk to his dad while we will try to convince the police that it was all a part of Monroe's plan..." The alpha-boy concluded my statement in the same tone that I had started.

"Everyone got it?", he asked, and then all of us looked at Malia for her answer.

It was silent for about ten seconds.

"What? Why're you looking at me like that?", she asked, curious.

"Because...you're the only one who's most likely to....cause trouble...", Lydia spoke.

"Oh, I don't think I'll do anything stupid....Unless that guy does something more stupid...I mean he is...stupid..but that's not the point anyway...I won't mess it up I promise you guys.."

"All right...If we're done with our little pep-talks..any more questions?", I asked, annoyed.

"I have something..", Malia said. "it's not a question exactly. It's a confusion...Lydia, do you think that guy was not as attracted to me as he was supposed to?"

Seriously? Malia? That... is what you had to ask?

"I don't know...but does it matter?", Lydia rolled her eyes.

Scott was low-key jealous, it seemed so, from his expression.

"I dunno..he seemed pretty gay...to me...", Malia replied.

"Okay...I'm out of here...", I pulled the door handle of the car and stepped out, "if anybody wants to come..feel free to leave this group chat thing we have going on here.."

Everyone took a moment to let go of the awkwardness that Malia had set up inside that car and then gathered up some courage and finally stepped out of the jeep.

I don't know what it was but a few moments of weirdness and a little sprinkle of positivity seemed to lighten my mind for a bit but after we started walking, the awkward silence continued until I pushed open the door of the station.

***