Ch-10: There's a War Coming

Liam's POV

I was subconscious. 

I heard rapid footsteps, near me.

In front of me. Not just footsteps, someone was yelling.

Yelling for what? I didn't know.

"Thiswasn'tsupposedtohappen."

My eyelids though, enormously heavy managed to open with my constant effort, to know what the hell was happening to me.

And when the blurred vision gradually took a focus, I could see the same physical details.

That bluish-violet cloak, that mysterious girl.

When I started getting my sense back, I found I was stranded with a rope. Considering that it would not be wise to make any sudden movements, I remained calm.

'Wait! I was attacked. She looked like Amy. Or is she...Amy herself?'

Those constant blabbering inside my mind played like a stubborn child after I started recalling and arranging all the events in sequence, that had occurred at the night.

"Amy...?"

I called out by her name, not sure if it was actually her, though her physical details suggested it was actually her.

The rapid footsteps stopped in a blink. The girl turned her head sideways and quickly made her way towards me with disgust and anger flowing out, right from her green eyes.

She stopped before me and started scrutinizing me like I was an ancient souvenir of a museum.

With less than a few inches of distance between my face and hers, she was gazing at me like she was investigating me, but I gazed at her with amusement.

It was Amy after all.

Her hair was pure brown with a slight touch of blackness but they were very untidy. And what amazed me most was her eyes.

Those eyes were the green of every dancing twilight sky, infinite hues illuminated by newborn light. Those green eyes fixed me in all the best ways. Her eyes were a fire in water if you could imagine such a thing.

So even on our first meeting I knew, she'd be a friend for life, never dominating nor submitting, but a companion who walks freely alongside. And that she was, and more. There were days she looked at me with such love and playfulness but right at that moment, those eyes became angelic for me.

"What....are....you?" now, from this close distance, I was bloody sure it was Amy Addison.

"ME? I just got attacked by crows and snakes in the middle of the night, for trying to save your life, and you ask me what am I? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?" All my questions floating on my mind came out like missile projectiles.

She stepped back from me and started walking in the same way as before. I didn't know if she was afraid or angry or really scared.

I spoke out to her "Amy...? Look, I'm sorry. okay? Amy... If it's really you... There's no need to be afraid. It's okay."

"Justtt..SHUT UP! You have no idea what you're involved in." She continued her fast walking motions while grabbing her hair in anger.

"I have no idea what I'm involved in....?" My eyes widened.

"What am I involved in....?" I asked.

"See? That's exactly what I was talking about! You will never understand. You won't."

"Well...What I do understand is tying me up with a rope and yelling at me won't solve anything. So please...calm down....get me out of these and then....we can talk"

Surprisingly, she neither resented nor countered my statement but acted accordingly.

She came back towards me and untied all the ropes which were strangled around me too tightly. I knew I messed up something of hers but I had to ask that question nonetheless.

"You are Amy Addison, right? We were project partners for History? That Amy Addison? I mean...just for assurance"

"Yes! DUMB-bar, I am what I am."

"That was a little mean, but....okay. So What's going on here Amy? If it's about keeping secrets, I can assure you that no one else outside this room will ever know what happened. Okay?...No one... I need to know the truth. Besides, I've been through these things a lot of times before, so maybe I can help."

"There's a war coming Liam. I was sent here to prevent it. But...." She looked at me with a condescending sneer.

"But..What?" I was really nervous about what was gonna come next.

"But...You didn't let me do that."

"Wait... Did you say, Sent here? Who are you? I mean...what are you?"

"Trust me Dumb-bar..." She scoffed "Who I am, and what I am, is the last thing you wanna be concerned about right now." After that, it didn't seem like the girl who I had known of/ worked with before. It seemed like a very different persona.

"it's Dunbar...Actually" I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Yeah... Didn't I just say that?" She let out a little bit of ruthless, evil smirk from her naturally thin, red lips.

'Great Liam...You just got yourself invited into a party.' Liam thought to himself.

I wasn't clear about any of the statements she shared, but I nodded in front of her, knowing it was best to listen to her carefully, before trying to do something stupid again. This was the least I could do to keep myself sane at that time.

As confused and shocked I was by her words, I somehow struggled to accept this as a fact and gulped down some oxygen into my system.

"Yeah....Yeah, you did." I smiled hesitantly.

"So you said you're here to prevent a war...then...why did you go the high school? did it have any reason? or is that your secondary thought of getting some education out of nowhere?"

"I am not here for education. Neither am I here for fixing all your annoying behaviors at school or doing some stupid history project that has nothing to do with my life.."

"So..you're here for abducting children?"

Amy shared a confused and disturbed glance at Liam.. "What did you say?"

"you heard me.."

"Someone's abducting children then...I see..it's already begun.."

"Begun? you look like you have answers...I need more answers"

"Okay...I'm here for a girl named Lydia.....Lydia Martin..."

Amy confessed without any more wordplay.

***