ch-16: You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

Lydia's POV

I had a bleak feeling about me riding on that thing.

I was staring at it like it was a venomous snake.

It looked old and torn apart like its engines would break and fall apart in the midst of our journey.

Apart from that, Beacon Hills was frickin' ten kilometers away from that place. To actually go all the way there under the rain wasn't as heroic as it sounded, it was hopelessly optimistic.

Stiles seemed sick of me, seeing him as a total wuss. After all, he probably wasn't that same skinny and defenseless kid I knew in High school.

If someone else got me instead of him, he might turn himself into devil mode and go all-out-assault on that boy, that's how much he loved me.

"Let's go." He hoped on the motorcycle and pulled on the helmet on his head while extending his hands as an offer to wear the other one to me.

I was staring at him like he was insane.

"I don't feel like getting on that thing...Do you really know how to ride it? Stiles...Please don't joke about this.." I shook my head.

"How do you think I came all the way from Virginia? Lydia... Please... get your beautiful head out of the clouds and get on. For the love of God."

"Just so you know, I really love my head, when it's attached to my body. And even if just my head makes it to Beacon Hills, it won't be as useful to you as the body you are seeing right now," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god! Are we seriously doing this? Okay, here's a sworn statement from me, Miss. Martin, Stiles promises that he won't kill you. And, If he does so, you have the complete permission to haunt him for the rest of your after-life. Cool now?" he smiled.

It took him five more minutes of convincing and pick-up lines, but I knew I had to give up eventually, back there was no other way.

Technically..there were several other ways, but Jesus Christ! I finally accepted my defeat and agreed to get on.

As I hopped onto this piece of shit, so-called bike, Stiles handed the helmet backward, expecting me to grab it.

"Nope, I don't think I'm wearing that. My hair will get all messed up."

"And, I thought you said you wanted to keep your head intact. Anyways..." he tried taking back the helmet to the front when I grabbed it from his hands without a word and kept hitting his back with it, with a scowl on my face.

"Jesus. Lydia. I didn't mean it like that!" he laughed, "Stop it! Please...I was just kidding." he leaned forward to avoid my blows.

"Well...I don't get your sense of humor." I put it on my head after that.

"This is Tango Charlie Alpha. Ready to deploy?" he tried imitating the voice on the radio.

"You know what Stillinski? You don't have to be a sarcastic jerk to prove your points to me. Just start the engine for God's sake."

"Roger that Ma'm." His laugh was getting annoying now. "here we go." he started the engine, with the press of a button, in a blink of an eye, the time for which was definitely not worth all our arguments and debates.

"Let's hope you keep us alive until we reach Beacon Hills," I murmured to myself and scoffed.

"Yeah...Let's hope your head remains attached to your body as you said." Stiles guffawed on the old vehicle, making it slightly shake.