CHAPTER 64: BEASTMODE

TAEHYUNG

If it wasn't Jisoo who's asking me this favor of accompanying her to spy on someone, I wouldn't agree. But it's Jisoo. What she wants, she gets. And frankly, I'm curious about our friends' love lives too.

Are we that single to be doing this much?

On a Friday, three days before our first shooting for the first episode of Still With You, I used my other car to wait for Jisoo outside her apartment. Today, we're going to follow Jin.

"Good morning." Jisoo said as soon as she opened the door and went in. "Ready to follow my brother?"

"Good morning, Jisoo." I greeted her as well. "But where should we follow him exactly?"

"His manager said he has a meeting today and it will end-" Jisoo checked her wristwatch. "30 minutes from now. Hurry! Hurry!"

I quickly started the car and drove to where Jisoo was directing me to go. Apparently, Jin has a meeting with this brand he's going to be endorsing soon - Thom Browne. After that, his manager told Jisoo that Jin will have the rest of the day off. Jisoo took that as a time for Jin to be with his supposed girlfriend.

We arrived at the building just on time for us to see Jin get in his car and drive off to where he's planning to go. Since I was using my new car, Jin wouldn't know that I'm following him from a distance.

"A restaurant? Isn't this too public?" Jisoo asked once we arrived at the place Seokjin parked his car.

"It's a weekday. There's not many people here." I told her. "Did you bring any disguise?"

She raised a baseball cap I didn't notice that she brought with her. On her other hand, she brought a black face mask and shades. She was wearing her casual clothes too - a black skirt and knitted sweater - much like when we were just in College, when we're not yet expected to wear fancy clothes almost every time we go out in public.

"Let me see yours." she said. I took my own cap and mask from the backseat and showed it to her. "Good. Let's go!"

The restaurant actually wasn't full when we got in. Jisoo and I slipped inside a booth to hide from Seokjin, who found his own booth and was greeted by a man wearing glasses.

"Who's that guy?" Jisoo asked me.

"That's Yoo Seung Ho." I told her.

"Isn't that the guy from I'm Not A Robot?" I nodded. She smiled. "Pretty cute series though."

Look who just forgot what our main objective was. "I'm pretty sure that's not Jin's girlfriend. Jisoo, we're wasting our time here."

Jisoo groaned. "Let's eat lunch here then. Make the most of our time. I'll pay since you're the one driving."

"But-"

"Zip it. I'm paying later."

We decided to keep our masks on until our food was served. As we were about to finish our food, a few men sitting from a table behind Jisoo laughed and caught our attention. There was a divider in every booth so we couldn't actually see their faces.

"Have you seen Kim Jisoo? She recently won as Best New Actress in this series my girlfriend was fond of watching." one guy said.

"Yeah. She's really pretty and sexy. Much sexier than my girlfriend, to be honest." Another man chuckled. "If I were one of her friends, I'd do her."

I clenched my fist. What the fuck did I just hear?

"Taehyung, calm down. You'll blow our cover." Jisoo said as she reached out for my hand.