CHAPTER 46: HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

The next full week, all I remember was what we were doing during practice hours. During breaks, my group of friends are complete again, though this time, we're with So Hyun, who I managed to smile at genuinely for the first time since I hated her. Today, I found out I can already tolerate her hanging out with us.

"So Taehyung, how's your relationship with your brother going?" So Hyun asked.

The people around the table looked at her in shock. She asked it so casually, I don't think she could sense how sensitive that topic was for all of us.

"I'm not really talking to him." Taehyung answered before biting the chips he was eating. "But I called him hyung once after I saw him bringing Jisoo home last week."

Jimin almost spat his drink, he was lucky Jennie was beside him to check on him. "You what?"

"I think I'll try to be close to him. He's not that bad anyway."

"Not that bad?" I snapped.  "He's not bad at all."

"Alright, Soo. No need to be all defensive." Hoseok chuckled nervously, his eyes shaking.

"Are you in a relationship with my hyung now?" Taehyung asked.

Jennie immediately coughed at Taehyung's question. "Someone's going to k word someone after a few minutes."

"I'm not." I answered. "I'm not that fast to get in a relationship with someone I met just months ago."

"Ooh, tea." Jin said. I glared at him. "Tea. I need tea later after this. I was talking to Joon. Jisoo, don't look at me like that."

"Soobin said they saw you with Minhyuk at the arcade." Namjoon said, "How did Beomgyu handle it?"

"He asked for his picture. His friends were also a fan of his."

"Minhyuk oppa is still a small artist though." So Hyun said, "I've only heard of his OST for a famous webtoon."

"I heard it's going to be made into a drama." Namjoon interjected. "He'll get bigger once the drama starts. This morning, news got around that he also got asked to play one role but he's planning to decline."

"Why?" I asked.

"Most probably because he's not an actor." Taehyung said, "He didn't tell you about that news? I thought he tells you everything now."

I tried hard not to roll my eyes at him.

"The news just started circulating in our department just this morning." Namjoon repeated himself, though this time, with a warning tone for Taehyung. "Minhyuk must have heard the news this morning as well, that's why he hasn't told Soo yet."

"I can already feel Minhyuk will get famous even before he graduates. Are you okay with that, Soo?" Jin asked me.

"We all aim to be recognized someday too. It's going to be fine with me."

"Love the mindset!" Jennie said, "Don't mind if his future fans call you names for being with him all the time."

"Of course." I scoffed. "My mother did not name me Kim Jisoo for other people to call me ugly, or some other names that wouldn't fit my description."

"Jisoo's gotten cooler lately." Jinyoung commented, making me lift my chin up proudly.

—-

Saturday came, and so was the start of our second date. This time around, Minhyuk brought his motorbike and drove us somewhere along Gangnam-gu.

"Where are we going?" I shouted at him as he drove.