CHAPTER 35: RIDE

The month of August was tiring after that museum trip. That trip was just a break for us, because on the weekdays after that, we were all bombarded with activities, quizzes, and workshops plus Taehyung's bleeding nose scenario.

Luckily, the 6th of September came fast.

At 10 am, Seokjin drove the car which had me, Taehyung, Jennie, Jimin, Roseanne, and Hoseok. Yoongi volunteered to fetch Lisa on the bus station near the theme park. Namjoon went with Jackson and Jinyoung in JB's new car given to him by his dad. Lastly, Jungkook went to the amusement park with his own motorcycle, a birthday gift.

"Are we all here already?" Namjoon said and counted all of us as we stood outside the amusement park. "14. Okay. We're complete. Let's buy our tickets now."

We started from the easiest ones, rides like Shot Drop, Zeppelin, and Bumper cars. Before lunch, my friends and I huddled around a vacant table to talk about who's going to ride the most extreme ride there is in the park; the Black Hole 2000, the park's roller coaster ride.

"I'll go!" Taehyung and I said, raising our hands at the same time.

"Me too!" Jungkook followed.

"I'm in." Jin and Yoongi said.

Lisa and Roseanne looked at each other first before nodding. "Guess we'll try as well."

"I'll go too." Namjoon said, "And Jackson."

Jackson, who was quiet since we started the conversation, whimpered on his seat. "Do I really have to?" Namjoon just nodded with a teasing grin. "Fine, for the birthday boy."

"I'm going to pass for this one." Jennie said, "I can't handle that. Just looking at it makes me gag already."

"I'll stay with Jennie." Hoseok shrank to his seat, "I'm scared too."

Taehyung turned to Jimin. "Jimin, you comin?"

"Jinyoung? JB?" I asked the other boys who hasn't shared his decision yet.

"Pass." Jimin made an x with his arms and sat down beside Jennie.

"I'll go." Jinyoung said.

JB also made a small x gesture with his fingers. "I'll sit this one out.

"I'll sit beside Namjoon hyung!" Jungkook approached Joonie and interlaced their arms together. "You don't have anyone to sit with yet, do you, hyung?"

I forgot Namjoon still hasn't come out yet. His plan to tell it to dad before he went to his job didn't happen because my brother chickened out. He was able to tell it to mom though, after locking himself in his room for one day because of the regret of not telling it to dad.

Mom took it lightly. Actually, she took it really well, though we expected it already. She said she was glad that Namjoon told her about it because, apparently, she caught the two talking outside our house while the party's going on inside. She thought of a lot of reasons why the two were talking privately but she didn't want to judge them so quick so she kept quiet and brushed it off, knowing that my brother would soon tell her anyway.

Now back to the amusement park, Jinyoung shook his head. "I can handle that ride. It's Jakcson who can't."

Everyone looked at Jackson, who decided to hide behind Namjoon successfully. Namjoon's broad body could easily hide Jackson's smaller yet muscular one. My brother looked over his shoulder. "Just cling to Jinyoung if you're too scared."

"Come on," Jungkook pulled Namjoon to the ride, "The line's already moving. We can still catch up."

And we did. The seating arrangement was: me and Tae, Jinyoung and Jackson, Namjoon and JK, Rosie and Lisa, then Jin and Yoongi. Jin almost sat beside Rosie but Yoongi pulled him down next to him. I just know he doesn't want the girls to see him screaming while the ride's going on.