CHAPTER 33: PERFECT GIRL

First day wasn't so bad after all.

That is, if nothing significant happened after that scenario with Irene this morning. .

It's August. Summer time in Korea. It wasn't that hot in our classroom because we have two air-conditioners inside. Unfortunately, these two air-conditioners broke down at the same time, causing all of us to complain while sweating big time. Just imagine being in a room packed with 40 teenagers, and one professor, all during a day with a 23 degrees temperature.

I checked my watch to see how long our class would end. Apparently, first days are meant for professors to discuss right away. So here we are, at 3:25 in the afternoon, an hour left until dismissal, talking about the History of Korean drama bla bla bla.

"Taehyung, you're sweating." I heard So Hyun's voice from behind me.

Reason number 3 on why this first day got worse: Kim So Hyun is our blockmate and she sat right behind my seat.

I almost rolled my eyes when I saw her immediately taking a seat behind me. If I know, she chose that seat to get a glimpse of Taehyung's side profile every now and then. She's way too obvious, if you ask me.

I really hate the feeling of jealousy; it makes me feel annoyed and stressed even when nothing is actually happening. I feel threatened with the smallest things So Hyun does. Now.. I think I just feel insecure.

What can I say? So Hyun's like the perfect girl; quiet, graceful, all smiley, and friendly... she got it all. I mean, I got all those too but unfortunately, I also have people talking about me behind my back about my admission here in our university and that's something So Hyun won't probably have - an awful rumor spreading about her.

Since So Hyun addressed Taehyung, I jerked my head to the side to check on Taehyung and boy, was he sweating. He was wearing his denim jacket a while ago, and now he's not wearing it because of the heat. So Hyun was handing him a handkerchief to wipe his sweat with it.

"He's already using his own, So Hyun." I calmly told the girl behind me.

"My skin is starting to itch, Soo." Taehyung said, showing me his arm.

In shock, I stood up from my seat, catching the attention of our professor who was writing something on the board. "Ms. Kim, isn't it? What's wrong?" he asked.

"His arm's covered in hives." I said, pointing at Taehyung's arms.

"Oh dear, are you sure they're hives?" Mr. Song said. I nodded. I know one when I see one, Jin has those when he mistakenly eats something with garlic. We discovered his allergy to garlic when he was 13 - the whole situation did not look good, mom even had to call an ambulance while we were eating in a restaurant. "Does anyone in the class know where the clinic is?"

I raised my hand. "I do." Namjoon  toured me here yesterday, while the other three stayed in the apartment to do their own things.

"Please take your seatmate to the clinic." Mr. Song walked up to us and checked Taehyung. "I think he's getting an allergic reaction. Doctor Song would know what to do with that."

I nodded and pulled Taehyung with me. As we were headed to the clinic, a  room  that's located in the main building beside the school of music, I received a text from Jinyoung.

I'll send you the notes from Mr. Song's lesson today. I hope Taehyung's fine.

Reason number 2 why my block is tolerable: I'm blockmates with Jinyoung. And well, reason number 1 is Taehyung, obviously.

"It's an allergy." Ms. Song, who coincidentally, has the same last name as our current professor. I'm not sure if they're relatives or married though. "You have Cholinergic Urticaria, an allergic reaction when your body temperature rises. In short, you shouldn't be exposed to heat."