CHAPTER 12: SCENE FOUR

CHAPTER 12: SCENE FOUR: DON'T YOU EVER FORGET ABOUT ME

Christmas day was fun just by celebrating it with my family. On the 26th of December, mom decided to visit The Manor and keep Halmeoni company.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Beomgyu called Jin as mom started driving the car. He was carrying our gift for halmeoni, a vinyl disc of AKMU's new album, Winter, because Halmeoni enjoys listening to music - old or not.

"What?" asked Jin.

"Did you bring an extra jacket? I forgot mine."

Jin looked at our youngest questioningly. "Why would I bring an extra jacket when I'm already wearing my favorite pink furry jacket?"

Beomgyu pouted. "But I'm cold..."

I rolled my eyes and removed the jacket I was wearing. Good thing I was wearing a thick long-sleeved shirt underneath. "Here," I have him my jacket, which he took happily, "Don't spill anything on that or you'll be the one washing my jackets for the rest of this break."

He raised his right hand. "I won't spill anything on it, I promise." Beomgyu wore my jacket and placed his head on Soobin's shoulder to sleep.

We arrived at The Manor after half an hour, obviously it wasn't that far from ours, especially now that families are probably just cooped inside their houses so the road's not that packed with cars.

"Noona," Soobin called me just when we hopped off the car. "What's your gift for Taehyung hyung?"

"I'm thinking of adopting a dog." I admitted, "But I don't have enough money yet."

Beomgyu, who was listening to us, linked his arm with mine. "I bet Halmeoni will give us money for a Christmas gift. You could use that."

"Why does hyung get to have a pet as a gift from you?" Soobin said, "I want one too, noona."

"Noona, I want a pet bird, please!"

"You two can't even take care of yourselves! How much more when you each have pets to take care of too?" I shook my head, "But I'll try saving up again for you guys."

"Yes!" Soobin and Beomgyu exclaimed, hugging me. "Thanks, noona!"

I was half lying, though. I know I can be thrifty with money but I don't think I can provide them with their desired pets when I also want to have one.

"Jisoo ah!" Jennie hugged me tight when she saw me enter the living room. "Oh, hey Soobin and Beomgyu!" She hugged my younger brothers too.

"You look very excited, noona." Beomgyu chuckled.

"I just missed talking to other people besides the ones here!" Jennie explained. She held my hand and pulled me along with her, "Follow us, boys."

"Where's your cousin?" I asked.

"Still sleeping," she said, "He doesn't know your family's coming today."

"Ah, he must have played with Jungkook all night long." I assumed.

Jennie nodded, "They actually did! You really know him that well, huh?"

"I'm the best friend." I said as a matter of factly, "Should I wake him up now? It's practically lunch by now."

"I think you should," she giggled, "Pull him out his bedroom if you must. I don't want halmeoni to wait for him for lunch. He already missed breakfast!"

I showed her my balled fist, "I got him. We'll be in the dining area in 5."

"Ok, see ya!" Jennie blew me a kiss before skipping her way to the dining area.