CHAPTER 7: SKIT: SOULMATE

October happened to be Jimin's birth month and and of course, my friends' first time being in a pageant together and my first time to MC in front of a lot of people. A lot happened, but here's the gist of the month.

October 13

It was Friday, the day after the introduction of participants in the UN month pageant. Taehyung and I got the emcee part, and surprisingly, Jinyoung too. The first day wasn't that hyped up so I won't get into that further.

Following Taehyung's plan, Seokjin told us to gather our circle of friends in the auditorium after class, which is the official club room of the Drama club. Privileged, I know, but that's only because there aren't extra rooms left for a big club (though in our case this year, we're a small one).

Jimin's usually our cake fairy; he is the one who takes care of the cake for all members when it's their birthdays while the rest are for distracting whoever's having their birthday.

For his birthday this year, we decided to just greet him like normal friends do but annoy him from the start of the class until the last. Of course, Jennie won on who's the best in annoying the said birthday boy.

"Hey Jiminie!" Jennie poked Jimin's arm for the 7th time since lunch started.

Jeimin wriggled his arm to stop Jennie. "What do you want, Jen?"

Jennie smiled brightly. "Nothing."

"Jennie, if you'll keep this act until our next class, I'll tell Kai that you have a crush on him, I swear to-"

"Uh, that's not happening, dude." Taehyung joined in, "Not on my watch."

Jennie glared at her cousin before proceeding in annoying Jimin once again.

"Don't you two have practice for today?" Jimin asked us, trying to ignore Jennie beside him.

"We have. After dismissal." I answered.

"I still can't believe Jinyoung got the emcee part too!" Jennie, who now stopped annoying Jimin, said in awe.

"I wasn't expecting him either." Taehyung added, "I thought Mrs. Kang would only pick two but now she gave Jinyoung a chance and let him join us."

"Why pick three emcees though?"

"Why ask? Jinyoung's a good emcee." I tried defending the boy who's not with us.

"No one's saying he's a bad emcee, Ji. Don't start being defensive." Jennie raised an eyebrow as she smirked at me.

"Let's not talk about other people then." Taehyung said in his dismissive tone. "When are you planning to practice for the talent portion?"

Jennie and Jimin looked at each other. "Tomorrow."

"Where? I want to come." I said.

"Our house." Jennie answered.

"What? Did you ask Halmeoni about this first?"

"Yes, cousin." Jennie immediately countered, "She said we could do it in the guest room."

"Dude. You're going to be with Jimin alone in our guest room?" Taehyung eyed Jimin then looked back at his cousin, "No."

Jimin gasped dramatically. "Excuse me? I'm completely immune to whatever charms Jennie's proud of. How dare you think of me like that." He pouted, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at Taehyung in mock hurt.

I giggled. "I'll invite myself then. Let's just practice our own script at your house too, Tae. What do you think?"

Taehyung beamed. "That's a great idea!"