CHAPTER 26: GO GO

December meant another final exams and my first directorial play. Dad finally had his second time to have a month's leave this year so my whole family's complete on the day of our play.

The story was Jungkook's idea; a boy who found someone who makes him feel happy even when he doesn't want to. The girl who passed the audition for the lead role was So Hyun and I'm glad to share that her leading man was Eun Woo, Lisa and Roseanne's classmate - thank God, Taehyung didn't try auditioning for that role, he said he's too busy with academics.

After writing the story with JK, Taehyung focused on reviewing Math. Our teacher, Mr. Lee, invited him to join his group to review for a regional competition in February. So every dismissal, he's heading straight to Mr. Lee's classroom to be tutored with his fellow candidates.

I know I told myself I'll also try other clubs but I realized I'm too lazy to juggle too many responsibilities - and by many, I meant academics and drama club. Studying is already too hard for me so I don't think I can add more.

Days of practice went by without my best friend beside me - I was busy directing, he's busy reviewing. The only thing that's keeping me entertained when I'm not directing is Jackson, JB, Jinyoung, and Mark when they're not practicing as well.

"The new girl is cute." JB said, staring shamelessly at So Hyun, who was seated on the stage with Eun Woo.

Jackson looked at JB with a questioning look. "Really though? I think Jisoo's cuter."

Mark almost spat the juice he was drinking. "Jackson, that's awfully straightforward of you."

"He's not lying though." Jinyoung said.

For all the times I've been with them since last year, I've ready grown immune to their compliments. They don't like it when I thank them after their compliment, they wanted a confident comeback from me as a reply. But somehow, them saying that I looked cuter than So Hyun made me shy (and slightly proud).

"Really?" I asked them, smiling.

"Really?" JB repeated, "Just that? No 'i know' line?"

Jackson snickered beside me. "I think we just boosted her confidence big time." I saw Jinyoung and JB looked at Mark without a word, "Anyway!" Jackson continued, "I want to talk to Jisoo privately, if y'all don't mind."

"Okay..." Mark answered, unsure.

Jackson pulled me somewhere a little far from our friends. "I sent a message to your brother last night!"

"For real?!" I asked in excitement, "Did he reply?"

"Yes," Jackson said with a big smile, "He said he's busy. All caps with a period!"

The smile on my face quickly turned to a confused look after that. "He really said that?"

"Yes!" I don't know if Jackson didn't get the point of Joon replying that he was busy... why is he still smiley with that reply? "Why the furrowed brows, Jisoo? Aren't you happy for me?"

"Uh, of course.." I laughed nervously. I really don't know what to tell him...

Then Jackson hit my forearm slightly. "Oh! I forgot to say that he said we could talk on the day of your play."

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "That's progress!"

"I know right!" Jackson attacked me with a hug in glee. We were happily bouncing until Jackson suddenly let go of me, a look of horror in his face while looking at someone behind me.

Looking over, I saw Taehyung standing by the door. He waved his hand at us before approaching.

"What's with the face?" I asked Jackson before Taehyung could get near us.