CHAPTER 68: ISTTIMI

JISOO

"Jisoo, your next scene is up." one of the staff called me inside the tent. I was just done talking with Taehyung, who called me after my lunch because it's also his break time at the moment. 4 months after my birthday, Taehyung's also filming another action drama somewhere in Seoul.

I stood up and went outside to meet the crew. After reading the script one more time, the staff led me inside the building for us to start filming again.

The genre of the movie we're filming is crime drama. In this movie, I'm working with Kim Soo Hyun and Yoo Jin Goo, who both starred in different hit dramas waaay before I joined the industry.

The three of us are going to be siblings who, despite being close with each other when they were kids, couldn't stand each other's presence anymore after their parents died from a car accident. Soo Hyun, the oldest, blamed me and Jin Goo for the accident. Jin Goo, the middle child, feels like it's his fault that it happened and his self esteem lowers every time he's in the same room as Soo Hyun, as he is reminded of that accident. I, on the other hand, think that it was another person's fault - that our parents' accident was planned. Confident with my assumption, I set out to find the real culprit behind the incident. Eventually, my brothers will know about my plans and help me in catching the real enemy.

The scene we're going to film is when I get inside a dark room when I finally have the lead for my hunting.

"Jisoo, when the lights go out, I need you to act like you're finding the switch for at least 3 seconds." Director Bong Joon Ho instructed, "Once you found the switch, slowly turn around like you're scared that the killer is in the room with you. Once you see Sung Woong, act betrayed. You ready?"

"Yes, director." I replied then exhaled to calm my nerves.

"Fighting, Jisoo!" Soo Hyun oppa raised a fist and smiled at me. 5 weeks into working with him and Jin Goo but I feel like they're my real brothers too.

Once the director said his go signal, I turned into actress!Jisoo. Going inside the room, the door behind me automatically closed and locked itself. A second after, the lights suddenly went out and my acting brothers were banging the other side of the door.

I turned around to look for the switch, my eyes still adjusting from the dark. 3.... 2....1. My hand landed on the switch and I turned it on, acting frantic. Finally, turning around once again, I came face to face with the killer - no - I came face to face with...

a kneeling Kim Taehyung, his hand holding a ring while he looked at me with his big expectant eyes.

"Hi." He breathed, a triumphant smile on his face. "Didn't expect me?"

"Taehyung..." I said, about to cry. My mind couldn't even think of a right response at the situation I'm in right now.

Taehyung took my short reply as a cue. "Kim Jisoo, will you marry me?"

Right after he asked that, my eyes welled up with tears. I nodded, "Yes, Taehyung."

My boyfriend placed the ring on my finger and hugged me tight while the people around us clapped their hands.

When Taehyung let go of me, I instantly looked at Director Bong Joon Ho. "Director, I'm so sorry for this."

Director Bong let out a chuckle. "That's okay. I know Taehyung well."

"I worked with Director last year. He said I could do this if I bring him food too" Taehyung smiled. "I bought dinner for everyone instead. He also invited me to do a cameo in this movie."

"You bribed him with food then." I concluded, making Taehyung gasp.

"You're twisting my words, Soo."

I pinched his cheeks, smiling. "I love you. Do you know that?"

"Well, you agreed to marry me. I think that's enough evidence for me to know that you love me, right?"

We giggled, feeling like we're in our own world until Soo Hyun and Jin Goo got excited when the food arrived.

Today has been the happiest day of my life... so far.

Months into planning the wedding, our wedding day finally arrived.

December 17.

Outside the church, under the shade, I reached out one hand.

It's raining on my wedding day.

My hand caught raindrops until dad stood beside me and wiped it with his handkerchief. I slowly turned to him, thankful for the gesture. "You know, people say it will be a long happy marriage when it rains on the day of your wedding," he said as he wiped my hand. "You've got a happy marriage life ahead of you, kitten."

"Where did you read that, dad?" I asked, curious.

"Watched it somewhere." He shrugged then placed my arm around his. "The rain is a good sign."

Dressed in all white, I walked down the aisle with my dad beside me. I felt like I was being filmed because of everyone staring at me, smiling at me proudly. In one row, I found my friends cheering me silently.

"I believe you'll have the best days with Taehyung, my kitten." Dad whispered as we walked, "But don't forget your first family, okay? You can spend most of your life with your husband and your future family, but remember your mom, your brothers, and me too." He chuckled. "Your mom and I are looking forward to the family you two will build. I'm expecting that you'll teach your child or children the values me and your mom instilled in you and your brothers."

"I'll teach my children all the good things you and mom taught me. You two are my role models." I squeezed his arm lightly, "I love you, mom and my brothers. I'll make sure to visit home every time I'm free."

"I love you too, Jisoo." Dad said, "I wish you're really mine. I wish you, Jin and Namjoon are mine."

"We're yours, dad." I smiled at him, "We're your children. No matter what happened in the past, you're still the one who raised us with mom. You've been the best father anyone could ever have."

"I would start crying right now but fortunately, we're close to the altar."he joked, I giggled. When Taehyung was already beside us, dad carefully gave my hand to him. "Take care of my daughter, boy."

"Will do, sir." Taehyung smiled at him. Beside Taehyung, his best man, Minhyuk, gave us a small nod.

After I shared my vows, Taehyung did his.

"Today, I'm marrying my best friend, Jisoo, who I've known since we were 10. We had a pretty cute start as friends, you fighting a friend of ours for me." I chuckled and looked for JB in the crowd. Mark and Jinyoung were busy nudging him as the guy mentioned was turning red in embarrassment. "We've shared lots of good times when we were kids, shared stressful moments with academics, then helped each other out with the hardships we were facing... that was when I realized that I wanted to share even new moments with you, enjoy life, curse at life, cry, be stressed - everything. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, my best friend, the person who gave me multiple chances and told me I'm a good person even when I made her cry. Jisoo, you make me want to be a better man.

I vow to be a better man for you, better than who I am today. I vow to be with you through ups and downs. I vow to never leave you again, and I definitely will keep my promises from now on. I won't let you doubt our relationship, Jisoo.

I swear this time I mean it."

END.